POLITICS The Biden Transition

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Nov 24, 2020.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I agree that it puts them in a precarious spot. We will most likely see peak oil demand within about 10 years. And there crude is a fairly expensive one. It won’t end well.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no interest in just pushing refining, mining, etc other places. That just isn't a good option. I'd rather it be here, and we do it to our standards and values. But I don't want to prop up old stuff because of cost at the sacrifice of environment-- which does have a cost but is just harder to track and is socialized.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The US refineries aren’t being propped up though and are great machines. They just need a crude that has been supplanted by a cheaper lighter oil in the market and a result has been the birth of oil sands.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

11 officers injured in new york yesterday. Didnt see it posted. Anybody know why?

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Because it wasn't relevant to the Biden transition?

6. Ssmiff

Didnt know where to put it and didnt want to start a thread about it. I guess we can just ignore it since Trump wasnt there.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If you want to see it posted, make a post. Don't be hesitant, don't be passive-aggressive. This is a place of discussion, discuss.

8. Ssmiff

When i posted it, i had received a text from a NY buddy and didnt know what happened. Now that Ive read about it, i know what happened.

9. NorrisAlan

Ah, I see. That is not how it read, however.

"I see that 11 cops were injured in New York."

"It wasn't posted here. Does anyone know why?" The question you asked went with the last thing you commented on, which is why it wasn't posted here, hence the confusion on your intention or inquiry.

10. Ssmiff

Seems like there are no peaceful protests any longer.

11. NorrisAlan

There are. I have neighbors that attended a protest and it was very peaceful (it was in Oak Ridge).

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Isn't that special....

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Okay, that’s a bit hyperbolic.

IP likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Big day today. I hope Biden does well. Hope the right wing nuts stay away and calm. Hope pelosi and the left nutjobs stop preaching unity while dividing daily and we can better our future as a country. I doubt I will watch though. Have had enough of politics

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. NorrisAlan

OK, lets not swing the Cult over to the new guy. Jesus Christ.

It's Joe "Milquetoast" Biden. Just let him be what he is.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Good Luck Mr President. I will be rooting for you and our Country's success.

gcbvol, Ssmiff and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Nearly all the protests last summer were peaceful, upwards of 95%. They just don't make the news. A peaceful protest in Boston usually doesn't make the news in Nashville. A few broken windows and it might.

18. Ssmiff

Trump pardoned an aquaintance, Robert Sherril today. The man paid his dues and changed his life so it was deserving.

gcbvol likes this.
  19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Ugh, this is just eww. Yes, he is empathic which is great. He's not empathy incarnate.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah that's how I read it too, my bad.