The big guy is pissed...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volguy1971, Jun 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

To further enhance this rant of mine......Who takes the biggest hit from this increase? Rural America. People outside of cities who have longer commutes will end up paying more than their fair share on this deal. While it would capture more revenue from illegals, Joe Citizen here hit with more tax.

2. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I can be from time to time.....and it is damn scary when I get that mad.....The Incredible Hulk would run away when I hit the melting point.

I once told a surgeon, who was being an asshat to my circulating nurse, that I was going to stuff him inside a steel surgical case cart and send him through the cart washer with him inside it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like IP™ unfairness crap, my friend.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

And rural America will keep falling into the 3 G's trap and continue to vote the red party.

That's not to say the blue party gives a shit about rural America, mind you. Not enough big donors for either to care if we're being honest.

5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

That's all it comes down too.

Same is true with the middle class.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rule 1 of politics: no one cares for rural America. There is no future in it.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Isn't it good for you? The idea that it would push an outsized fuel price increase on rural America is just cannon fodder. Rural Americans don't use more fuel than suburban America and it isn't close, but please keep the special brand coming.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is the brand you trust.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If we are going to raise taxes raising them on gasoline makes as much sense as anything else. Might as well try to discourage use now, rather than later.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You can see here that rural people do spend more, but only marginally so.

http://www.bls.gov/opub/btn/volume-2/mobile/expenditures-of-urban-and-rural-households-in-2011.html

11. IP

IP Super Moderator