The George Carlin Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volgrad98, May 17, 2012.

1. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

You could do alot worse than Thomas in terms of early age type shows. Then again, I grew up with that show when I was really little anyway so I guess I'm somewhat biased. Plus ever since I can remember I've always been fascinated by the railroad......so when I have kids I won't have any sort of problems letting them watch it, especially when compared to the likes of Yo Gabba Gabba or The Wiggles, both of which might as well be considered a cruel form of torture in some countries. I only remember getting into the real action type kids shows like when I was in first or second grade.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

This bit reminds me of a certain forum.

[video=youtube;8rh6qqsmxNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rh6qqsmxNs[/video]

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I didn't know this until yesterday, but apparently their has been a significant evolution of Thomas. The earlier versions were live action animation--plastic models and toys shot close-up so they look like they are doing stuff in a claymation kind of style--and is horrible.

Later versions--beginning somewhere around '04, I think--are CGI animated. I'll stick by my opinion that as far as kids' shows go, the CGI isn't too bad. The old plastic live action stuff is horrible. When I played it on DVR, my 2-year old kept yelling "Not that one!"

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The old ones were all I ever knew

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The old ones come on in the morning on the Wiggles show. The new ones come on at night with the good night show.

As an added bonus, the new ones come on right after Nina's sprout stretches, so if you DVR it, you get two for the price of one.