The Grinch (UTK) Stole Christmas

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by RockyHill, Dec 3, 2015.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

This season is all about PC Culture. It's like nobody from Knoxville is watching.

2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

It's a list of suggestions telling you how to avoid focusing on a specific religion at your holiday party. Were you expecting them to include a pre-meal prayer on the list?

3. kidbourbon

I would have included sex with your mother.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

When 80% of your country considers itself a "Christian" and it is a holiday based solely on the Christian faith, of course they are going to make mention of Christianity.

Personally, I think this is a whole lot of crap about a whole lot of nothing. You want to sing Christmas songs at your party and have a picture of Santa Claus hanging up, go for it. Christmas is more secular than it is Christian anyway.

Now, if you require a Mass or some kind of prayer before the party, that would make me uncomfortable in a publicly funded area. But this is a whole lot of stupid.

5. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

If the black cultural center had a Kwanzaa party, I'm sure they'd go shut it down.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I know nothing about Kwanzaa. Is it religious in nature or cultural? I seriously don't know.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I doubt it.

8. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

They aren't shutting down Christmas parties. There are Christmas trees on top of every building on campus.

9. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

There is a Starbucks in the library that's probably serving those red cups, if the government wants to get pissed about something else.

10. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I think they're supposed to be called December trees

11. kidbourbon

I don't know, but they mentioned it in "**** in a box".

12. kidbourbon

Yeah, December trees.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

You've been told to watch the racist shit.