The Holly Warlick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Warlick should be fired the minute that new poll is released, and Tennessee isn't on it.

If you're not a Top 25 women's basketball program - considering that there are, what, 5-7 good teams each year? - then just close shop and start over.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I disagree. She should receive a lifetime extension because...

[​IMG]

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Isn't her buyout the rest of her contract? Like 3y @ $625k? If that's the case, then no. Unless they hire someone pro bono. We don't need to be wasting any more money on that shit than we already are. We have recruits that need to be paid.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If that's her buyout, then they need to let her coach until it expires and then allow local high school coaches, Lady Vol fans, homeless people, and VN posters to get into a bidding war to see who will take the job for the least amount of money.

5. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

The good old boy network in action. Had to hire Holly bc it was her turn.

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Tennessee somehow managed, likely due to name pedigree and a generally bad brand of basketball, to stay in the T25 by checking in at number 25.

Only one game this week, so Vandy will have the shot to be T25 history killers.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I thought they were going to drop out last week

8. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Holly should be fired the second the season is over!

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

So many lesbians.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Hell, we can probably get one of the blue hairs to actually pay a decent amount to be coach. I'd be fine with that.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Exhibit A in the argument for integrating the men's and women's athletic departments, because it leads to stupid shit like this.

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

If you want a great laugh, search Bring Back the Lady Vols on Facebook.... This is the group of people that you see in the pics like above....Group is about 3K strong...you know...like ΒΌ of the crowd that Pat would draw when coaching. The same 3-5 people are the ones posting, so I would wager there is a large faction of that group that just clicked it and let it go.

Things to look for.....

1) They are still pissed about the recent "compromise" and are calling for a letter writing campaign.
    2) Any LV loss is accompanied by post like... "I am glad they played hard" or "The refs turned against us"
    3) There is a weird pic from a "Softball Meet and Greet" .... Said photo has a booster who took a pic with two players in what appears to be the locker room bathroom...WTF
    4) Post talking about how arena announcer and some in media called womens basketball team only to have people blast them via twitter..lol

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

She is Harvey Robinson.

14. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Is that Judge Smails on the right?

15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Tell me that isn't Maxine holding the "Who's in Charge" sign.

[​IMG]

Not to mention Dave Hart standing a few folks to the left.

16. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That would be awesome. Hiring a proven coach? What a shocking idea

18. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Can you imagine if he fired Holly and hired a male......The LV Mafia may burn down the campus...or file a lawsuit for 100 million

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Always hire the best candidate, right?

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Was going to post something very similar.

Having said that, can we wait until Hart's contract expires? He can't hire a good coach for shit.