The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

They're also the last Candian team to win the cup, back in 1993.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

They also gave Nashville subban.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Slavery is still legal in Canada?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Contracts are, but no one with Canadiens organization seems to understand that. Seems like they always send their best players packing.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I'll trade you a slightly used James Neal for Galchenyuk. I mean, the Canadiens aren't going to use him right anyway.

6. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Dan Girardi bought out, a year too late. Great guy, tough player, but his legs are gone.

7. Joseph Brant

Drouin to Montreal for Sergachev and a pick....good deal for both teams on the surface. French sniper who should boost Montreal's offense a lot (if Claude and not the front office controls anything), and Tampa has done well with guys from the old Warsaw Pact.

I can see merit for both sides of the deal, so it's a good one.

However, at some point Habs ownership has to realize that it doesn't matter what language your guys speak if you win.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

We have been wasting price, need that offense.

9. Joseph Brant

Absolutely. He might be a real 40 goal guy, and makes his linemates that much better.

10. Joseph Brant

As good as getting Drouin was, trading Beaulieu (24 and easily their most mobile Defenseman) for a 3rd rounder is strange.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah I don't get it. Seems like they could have packaged him with Galch and maybe got a decent piece somewhere

12. Joseph Brant

They've always been self destructive when it comes to young defensemen, it's funny in a way.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If Poile makes a deal with VGK, Smith or Wilson is gone. If he doesn't, its Neal or Sissons, if I had to guess. Maybe Aberg if they see something in him, but its really going to depend which way they are going with this.

Detroit leaving Mrazek exposed was pretty surprising. Zero chance Vegas was taking Howard.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Detroit isn't winning anything of any kind of significance with either Howard or Mrazek.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Fair enough

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Wait, the Blues didn't protect Yakupov or Perron but they did protect Reaves? What in the actual ****?

18. Joseph Brant

Haha. I can see Yakupov because I think he'll be in the KHL unless he's willing to sign a 2 way deal.

But sheesh, Perron is a good depth player and capable in the top 6, whereas Ryan Reaves is pretty damn good at punching people in the face and that's about it.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I can see that on Yakupov, I just thought the org was fairly high on him because of fan response. They seemed to think he was turning a new leaf (although the stats certainly didn't support it). But yeah, Perron... I don't understand at all.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Who did Hagelin piss off?

And that is it for Fluery.