The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I don't disagree, but it will be hard to pay his next contract, and if the league senses that you lose him for nothing.

I think there's more than meets the eye here, but hard to say. Funny as it is having solid players from 7-12 under team control is the key to success in the NHL today

2. Joseph Brant

Looks like they're taking Lindberg from the Rangers, hate that.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

You mean jerseys?

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Swersey.

5. Joseph Brant

This has been a wild day

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

What the **** is Stan Bowman doing?

Also, is Arizona sneakily trying to get good?

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'm not sure what to think about today right yet (although I wonder if the Rangers are starting toward a rebuild), but on the subject of the new sweaters, I know I'm biased, but I think the Canes were the biggest winners in the league. We went from Detroit knockoffs to some seriously great sweaters

8. Joseph Brant

Getting younger and cheaper, I can't complain about the trade, as much as I like Stepan. Having 2 #1's when you haven't had one in 5 years is big for depth.

Hoping they get a big center like Rasmussen. DeAngelo fills Girardi's spot on the back, and the space is now there for a run at Shattenkirk if that works for both sides.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Who cares? Let him step on his [penis] if he wants to.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Funny thing, they are still over the cap

11. Joseph Brant

Bettman legitimately likes getting booed. Good sport about it.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Preds got an absolute steal at 30. I didn't think there was any chance in hell Tolvanen would still be there at 30. He isn't signed on with a CHL team yet either, so if they think he's ready he can go straight to Milwaukee

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Great hire for the Blue Shirts' coaching staff. Lindy Ruff as an assistant is top notch.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  14. Joseph Brant

Surprised Vegas didn't hold on to Methot until mid season when folks are looking to load up the back end.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Traded Wilson for a 4th rounder so essentially got Bonino for free as far as cap is concerned. Signed Hartnell for 1yr/1mil very low risk contract. Thats a good start to free agency. Bonino is more of a 2C than anyone else they had out there last year, but would still like to see Poile make a trade if its out there. I wouldn't mine Thornton, as much as I can't stand him, if the price was right.

I think we can assume Fisher is retiring.

16. Joseph Brant

Welcome home Kevin Shattenkirk!

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Man, he's overrated

18. Joseph Brant

28 year old 40 point defenseman for a bit over $6m per for 4 years when others were offering 7 years @ 7m.

I'll take it every day of the week, especially when the team's been missing a point for 4 or 5 years.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Amazing that a guy who actually wanted to play for a specific team was willing to take a pay cut to do so.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Duchene is a great player that is held back by a terrible team, but I think Sakic is an absolute moron if he thinks he is getting anything close to what he apparently wants for him.