The law suit just took a new turn and may be the end

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Oldvol75, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I am so tired of hearing people on the radio refer to these people as rape victims. Again I ask, has anyone been convicted? Has there been any proven case of rape? Until something is proven, they are alleged rape victims.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No one has been convicted, and no wrongdoing has yet to be proven.

Not that this has (or will) stop The Tennesseean, and other legions of reactionaries, mouth-breathers and others with a similar axe to grind.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

"survivors"

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Prosecutors do this. They use the word "victim" from the get go. I think it's important not to fall into the habit of using that terminology. The presumption of innocence in this country still exists, last time I checked.*

*Except for when it doesn't. Like in pre-trial custody hearings. And elsewhere.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This cannot be stressed enough. I know for my part it is easy to go "FAHR FARH FAHR!" because, frankly, I loathe Lyle Jones. But this lawsuit and these allegations are just as one sided as King's hit piece, and Jones MUST be given the benefit of the doubt here. Until some definitive proof comes out or a judgment is handed down, this is all he-said-she-said and should be taken with a large grain of salt.

imho

That said, I think there is enough smoke around Jones' personality that I can believe he actually said that to Bowles. The large amount of transfers his first and second year, the Mack Crowder incident, etc. It is worthy of investigation, but with eyes open and the "I Hate Lyle" club pin taken off the lapel.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

How strange that one possible outcome of this is that the fanbase would galvanize behind a wrongly accused coach??

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Although, I'm not sure what I expect them to do. Looking at this from an unbiased, logical perspective would probably be written off as blaming the victims.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm talking about media members. These are people on a radio show. They should be smart enough not to use that kind of terminology. Or maybe I just think too much of people.

9. Savage Orange

This.

As far as the Mack Crowder thing goes, whether Botch could have looked into the future and seen what Criwder would eventually do and pre-emptively punch him or not, I give Botch a total pass on that now.

10. NorrisAlan

Which is equally as silly. Until proof is presented and a judgment rendered, the accused is also an "alleged victim" of libel and false accusation.

I would like it if we all took an equal sided view and followed the evidence where it takes us, without prejudice or passion.

11. Savage Orange

There are several areas of life where this is a great strategy, even if the eventual destination isn't necessarily where you wanted to go....

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Norris, how do you find the strength to take off the I Hate Botch pin?

13. NorrisAlan

Honestly, I don't have the strength. I just put some duct tape over it.

14. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

The damage has been done, people will assume the worst anyway. This is what happens when you've got the money to make situations like this disappear.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  15. GahLee

I doubt it.

16. NorrisAlan

TonyB's blog this morning is so damning of the Hill's ineptitude and lack of cohesiveness.

17. GahLee

It's really not that hard to grasp, yet this failed abortion feels compelled to hurl insults about intelligence.

18. GahLee

This isn't about football, these are serious accusations, separating the two should come natural.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Interesting that Bowles came back and dressed for bowl game.

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

There's a difference between questioning a person and deciding that all their statements are nullified by a lie told to the Knox News Sentinel.