The law suit just took a new turn and may be the end

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Oldvol75, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

At this point, I kind of wish the university would just open the floodgates and release everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) good, bad and ugly and let the chips fall...

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

No surprise there.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Just making sure I'm clear.

4. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

Deleted post. Thought the Tennessean removed reference to an "affidavit."

Article states "Bowles, who transferred to UT Chattanooga shortly after the alleged November 2014 incidents, provided the account of events in a sworn declaration filed in federal court in Nashville. In the statement, Bowles acknowledged he might be called as a witness and is willing to testify in the case."

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I will say that as far as timing goes, two weeks after signing day and a lifetime before the season starts is the absolute best time for the program that this could be happening.

6. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Nm

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

UT really needs Johnny Manziel to **** up again, wouldn't hurt if Tebow got signed to play football again.

8. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Warlick essentially backed it up in the presser ther other day.

9. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

If they fight this, social media, ESPN, etc. will take them all down.

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

What's the alternative. This ain't like Bobby Petrino. People can forgive a horndog, this is different.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, seems effed up.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I also don't hate the guy. I don't think he's a very good football coach, but why would I hate him?

13. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

If they can settle, they should. It may be too late for that now though.

If not, it will come down to a he said/she said w Jones and Bowles. Jones loses in that one, imo

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Maybe not "ok"....but...BPV is correct.

It's not just the prosecution in that room. You've also got 12 citizens serving as grand jurors, and each sworn to secrecy. And you have witnesses, DA staffers, and sometimes, even outside counsel is invited in, either to (mainly) listen or to actually present to the jurors, on behalf of their clients. And even if none of these were present in the GJ, lots of defendants are not shy in recounting what they did or did not say.

When you hear "sealed", it's often (but not always) best to read it as "sealed from the general and uninvolved public".

15. Tenacious D

That's an entirely fair and objective opinion.

16. Tenacious D

I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting for a Tennessee jury to take the singular statement of an athlete over the head coach of Tennessee's football team. Especially when that athlete might be just as easily be painted as one who wasn't popular with the team, didn't get the playing time he expected, transferred elsewhere as a result, never alleged any of this while he was here, and is only doing so now because he's looking to exact some retribution and to stick his hand out for a perceived payday.

I'm not saying that's true. I'm not saying that it's right. I'm not saying that it is even ethical.

But I am saying that's how it's likely to be argued, and will go down.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Students protesting and it's being covered. Who's damn idea was it to go through with this press conference?

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Ah yes, the student group who thinks they're fighting for a cause and will make a difference in the world. To be fair, they were probably going to show up eventually.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

SJWs