The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Rebounding is about effort? I'm surprised Spud Webb never lead the league when he played.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm surprised so few people realize rebounding is a skill.

3. Isn't the purpose to the circle just to designate an area where a defender can't set his feet and attempt to draw a charge? I've never understood it to be an area in which no matter what happens, it's a defensive foul. Hibbert still has the right to jump straight up and contest the shot. Whether he actually did that is certainly debatable.

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

That was my understanding. How can it be a charge when you can't have a charge if the defender is inside the circle as Hibbert was?

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

So does that mean a guy can just go in knees and elbows and not get an offensive foul? I dunno, I'm asking

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

A pushoff is still a pushoff in the cup, IMO. Probably a no-call though.

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Well that wouldn't be a charge in that case I wouldn't think.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The circle rule is one of the dumbest rules in basketball.

9. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

And these types of posts are what make you guys superior over here? The player making the best effort to get a loose ball or rebound usually gets it. Technique, effort and the skill to judge where the ball is going to come off the rim are all parts of being a good rebounder.

10. limpleg

and refs are missing more block and charge calls because they are looking down at the feet rather than to see what the body of defender is doing. They miss the sliding laterally or under a player all the time and your feet can be planted as you lean into a scorer.

11. I didn't think LeBron was necessarily called for a charge. I though it was just an offensive foul because he led with his knees into Hibbert's body. Battier was called for essentially the same thing in a game earlier in the series.

12. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The idea that something readily observable is somehow intangible is one of the better fallacies you've come up with under your myriad of screen names. Chris Bosh hides from contact. Always has, always will. It's who he is. Everyone sees it. You try to assign some psychobabble reason to it. People with a modicum of intelligence simply call it what it is and move on. Bosh is going to be soft whether he's "led" by Patton or by Pee Wee Herman.

13. hatvol96

Yet, guys like Dane Bradshaw never lead leagues in rebounding. If they "usually" get the ball, you'd figure those "leaders" with "heart" would be putting up Rodmanian numbers off the glass.

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Well didn't the ref make the charge hand motions?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm all for growing the board and I like dissenting opinions. But throwing this around all the time is lame.

16. hatvol96

You expect anything better from that source?

17. limpleg

Got it. A couple of guys here can call people idiots all day and talk about how much superior knowledge is on this site, daily. But I make one crack at it an its lame.
    IP, since I "throw this around all the time", copy and paste the posts, if you don't mind. Otherwise, go **** yourself with an anchor. I believe that's the way you put it the other day.

18. limpleg

You ***** about psychobabble and readily observable information that I post, yet post to 8thmaxim land that Bosh is soft. No shit hat. Thanks for sharing that great information.
    Tenny addressed trolls. I assume you should heed because you are the biggest.
    And as for name change, it has nothing to do with running away from [ussies pay] like you. If it did, why would I be here when everyone knows who I am. I don't take myself as seriously as a message board wonder with basilio's [ock cay] in his mouth. I was limping when I signed on, which is why I am limpleg.
    Now get your wrestling figurines out of your ass, clean them up, then go troll somebody else.

19. hatvol96

About what I would expect from an alcoholic Memphis washout with an IQ of about 50. You never disappoint, Sparty. Well, you probably do the friends and family that thought you'd ever really amount to anything. Of course, that's on them for believing fairy tales.

20. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I have no dog in this hunt, but when you talk about the daily stuff, do you mean the verbiage that is used, or an actual ego trip?