The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

No?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Isn't LeBron the most clutch NBA player ever, statistically? Thought I saw where he has hit the most game winners or something like that?

I think he's clutch, so maybe I am imagining that.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He finally went to the post and they got some open looks. Been waiting to see that for years. He should be unstoppable down there. Jump hook, up and under, fade, power, pump and go to ft line or kick out to deadly shooters or cutter if a double team comes. Easy offense to run late or when you need a good look.

4. kidbourbon

I don't know about anything like that. I do know that Kobe Bryant got credit for being clutch that he didn't deserve. Yes, he made some game winners, but his percentage wasn't good.

i'm not sure what lebrons' percentages are in game winners, but I imagine that information is out there.

5. kidbourbon

I'm not bullish on the Cavs' chances for the rest of the playoffs. They just aren't that good this year.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My comment was 100% sarcasm. I posted it the night he hit his game winning 3.

I’m a big LeBron advocate and can’t stand when people downplay how great he is.

NashVol11, IP and kidbourbon like this.
  7. kidbourbon

I'm with you. I've become a Lebron fan just because when you defend a guy for years against criticisms you don't believe founded, it's tough not to want to see him do well.

NashVol11 likes this.
  8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He did this quite a bit in Miami. And it is puzzling, he is almost unarguable down there. I've only got to see the Cavs play a handful of times this year, most of which had been the Pacers series, that roster is really bad.

9. GahLee

You could easily argue that this was his best year to date...in year 15.

10. GahLee

I remember looking those stats up years ago, back then James' stats in the clutch (parameters of "clutch" defined by NBA.com) were off the charts. Not sure what they are now but I imagine the stat line is just like every other stat line of his, the same as it ever was.

11. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

12. Ssmiff

Dont really care about a clutch stat. Giving up a 6 point lead with bad shots and missed fts is why you have to hit a shot late to be called clutch.

JudgmentVol likes this.
  13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Thats a meaningless statistic

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I’m not old enough to have watched Jordan’s Bulls but I do know that anyone who is being honest remembers LeBron passing up shots on the big moments. I’m a LeBron fan but that’s a fair criticism.

15. Ssmiff

Im a Jordan guy. Jordans came out when I was in HS so I had to be. Either that or Converse and cuck fonverse. Jordan took over the post at times, which is why I like to see LeBron do it. I also dont recall much loafing with Jordan. We didnt have the same coverage, but I dont recall Jordan flopping for a call much and not getting back on D. Seems like LeBron does it multiple times a game.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t think flopping would have gotten guys calls back in that era, so there was no reason to do it. And with how many minutes LeBron plays, he’s gotta take a break at some point.

17. GahLee

He led his team in 9 statistical categories in a 7 game series, imagine what he would do if he didn't half-ass it.

IP likes this.
  18. GahLee

Paxson and Kerr both hit huge shots in the playoffs to win games on passes from Jordan.

Volnbama likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think people see James as lazier than he is because of his size and seemingly effortless movement relative to it. You don't play those minutes and accumulate those stats loafing. Unless you're some kind of basketball god.

20. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

The Jordan mythology gets annoying. It’s led to this worship of “killer instinct” that usually manifests as hero ball. People like Kobe and Westbrook get vastly overrated because they play angry and take a lot of bad shots instead of passing. That’s usually not a good thing, and it’s certainly not a prerequisite to all-time greatness.

GahLee likes this.