The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Mitchell is the third Jazz player to test positive.

Gobert should be tossed into the ocean a few dozen miles off-shore.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This Gobert cat is gonna go down as an all-time known dullard

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

NorrisAlan and InVolNerable like this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yeah Zion has always seemed like a good kid. Good on him and his parents and coaches.
    That dude who does sometimes funny videos overlyimitating nba players did a Zion one recently. Can't remember the guy's name.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

InVolNerable likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He just made a LOT of life long fans.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

9. Ssmiff

Still one of the most powerful finishers ive ever seen

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If someone wants to tell me Kareem is the GOAT, I'll respect that opinion. May not agree, but I'll respect it.

LBJ? LOL LOL LOL LOL

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Wilt.

13. CardinalVol

Also an acceptable answer. Probably #3 IMO

14. Ssmiff

Just cant roll with kareem. He was the tallest dude out there and would get run to death by todays 5s. Great player for his era. Thats about it. One trick sky hook pony. Wilt as well. Like a sr in HS playing against a bunch of scared 8th graders. Neither could handle the ball, shoot or leave the paint. They didnt have to. If you cant defend out to the 3, nor possess multiple offensive skillsets, i personally cant include you in goat talk. Their skill was size over their competition.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The voting shows how far the LeBron/MJ debate has moved from reality. MJ was a better passer? Come the [uck fay] on.

I don't know that I would label LeBron the GOAT over MJ, but this whole "LOL LOL LOL LOL" approach to the conversation is prime evidence of a person not interested in considering the facts. You're never going to change your mind, no matter what happens, so why bother?

For me, a championship with the Lakers, either this year or next, solidifies LeBron as the GOAT, no hesitation. A title with 3 different teams despite never having a top tier coach, plenty of All-NBA, All-Star, and MVP performances, his longevity, and his consistent, deep playoff runs get him over the hump.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's like trying to place Shaq in this debate. Those sorts of big men just belong in their own category.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

I’ll take Lebron as a better passer. That’s it. And I’m not a hater. It just is what it is.

18. Ssmiff

Lebron is another one. Big and strong great athletic beast. But as far as basketball skills, not up there with goat. His game in a 6'6 220 frame would be mediocre and that hard left shoulder attack would be cut off and defended easier than at 6'9 260 steamrolling towards the rim. Never went into the post like he should have. Didnt have the various moves to do it.

19. CardinalVol

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook.

And there will always be looking terrified and passing to Wade during crunch time in 2011. That's why he never is and never will be the GOAT.

justingroves likes this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's hilarious to me that "Better Rebounder" wasn't a question, but shit like "Better Look" and "Better Sneaker for Fashion" made the list. Point is, they got what they wanted out of this exercise.

I'd take LeBron as a better defender because he's significantly more versatile. He can guard and shut down any position on the floor.

You could argue better offensive player, too, if you factor in things outside of just points (assists, control of the offense, etc.).

There's also a conversation to be had in the clutch/game winning shot category, but that's one where evidence goes out the window.