The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He changed his name, I believe.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

To what?

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

@LaneTrain killed Card. Lovers quarrel is what I've heard.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

God damn liberal halfwits forcing Card to change his name.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

AD has missed a ton of games this season and had a "down" year when he does play. He's currently averaging the second lowest rebound avg of his career, tied for the lowest block avg of his career, his lowest points avg since his second season in the league, and his worst FT percentage of his career. Also shooting his worst 3 pt % (29%) since 2014-2015, despite ssmiff insisting he's a good 3 pt shooter.

Marc Gasol is a fossil, dude. Career lows in points, rebounds, and FG %. 2nd worst assist avg of his career as well.

Montrezl is a solid player, but he can't shoot the 3, struggles defensively, and is definitely not the sort of rim protector they need, especially with AD out. There are legitimate questions to be asked about how well he truly fits with this team. Let's not forget that the team he won 6th man of the year with didn't seem to have much of a problem with letting him walk.

This Lakers team is obviously better at full strength than Jordan's Wizards teams were. But we hold LeBron responsible for all of his time during the first run in Cleveland, as well as the time during his second run in Cleveland when he was without key pieces. No reason we shouldn't also hold Jordan responsible.

6. Ssmiff

Politics thread. Go find it. This is nba talk and Card concern

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Amen brother. Stupid [uck fay]ing libs don’t know their place ruining the shit out of this joint.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

For my own sanity, can you please just acknowledge that Dennis Schroder has missed the last 4 games, along with AD? I'm pretty sure you've seen at least one of my posts about it, but the fact that you painted an incomplete picture of the situation, then reiterated it, and have now still not acknowledged that the picture was incomplete is bothering me. It's almost like you're being intentionally disingenuous about the situation.

9. Ssmiff

Doesn't really matter to me when Jordan had Craig Hodges or Kerr at pg. You are making excuses as to why your goat loses games by not having a big man or pg Jordan never played with in the first place.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Card told me that he thinks he's got the most raw talent of all time but will never even consider him in the GOAT discussion because of the pansy way he plays and takes the easy way out by moving around to win titles. He's too good to flop and cry like he does. He could have singled handedly cause a dynasty to form in Cleveland had he never left, but took the easy way out (twice) instead.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Surely you're not so dense as to think it is about the specific positions, themselves, one of which you didn't even name correctly, initially.

The message is not "Bron is missing his PF and his PG."

The message is "Bron is missing his 2nd and 3rd leading scorers, both of whom are starters." You could even make a pretty strong case that he's missing his 2nd and 3rd best players, overall, as each guy plays a key role defensively in addition to their offensive production.

The correct comparison for Jordan would be to talk about his 2nd and 3rd leading scorers/best players. But we already know how successful Jordan was without Pippen, so I'm not surprised you're choosing to not focus on it.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wait, what? Twice?

He moved to Miami to win titles. Nobody moves to Cleveland to win titles. And the Lakers were a disaster prior to him moving out West. Like, it blows my that people have forgotten what a shit show the entire Lakers organization was, top to bottom, prior to LeBron's arrival. And within 2 years, he had them winning a title. The idea that he "took the easy way out" going to a team who hadn't been to the playoffs in 7 years, and without a second star guaranteed to partner with him, is laughable.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

"cardinal" made me uncomfortable. Too specific of an orientation, for one. N,S,E,W. What about southeast? or east southeast? or Sorthweast? All directions have a voice.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

to be fair, owners can be a factor in wanting to stick around somewhere

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wait, are you trying to tell me that people don't like working for pieces of human garbage who don't appreciate or support them?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

not unless it is their kink.

17. CardinalVol

Had he not gone to form two superteams in big market cities, I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

18. CardinalVol

Jordan would step on his own mother's face to win.

Lebron would either pass it to someone else or flop and cry that mommy fouled him.

That's the difference to me. Always is, always will be.

A-Smith, justingroves and utvol0427 like this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jordan was considered one of the best basketball players in the world and took a Chicago franchise that routinely sucked to the playoffs before Pippen. Diminishing what Jordan did before Pippen isn't very smart

20. Ssmiff

Or dense, or intentionally disingenuous, or whichever words Indy has chosen to use about those who see more negative in Lebron than he sees.