The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

"I don't know why you get all worked up. It's just a discussion". Make up your mind.

It was 1 point of many. I mentioned Pippens size, length, speed, hands, quickness, ability to guard all 5, not be pushed around, wingspan, athleticism..being one of the strongest players on the court ever, nba handcheck rules, pushing people off their spots, Pippens fire and thr fact that if he saw Durant getting hot he'd try to break him in half.
    Try to keep up. If you can't, like Barnes said, gtf out of the way.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m not worked up, at all.

• size, length, speed, hands, quickness - there are defenders in today’s NBA who have all of this.

• ability to guard all 5 - there are defenders in today’s NBA who can do this too.

• Not be pushed around - today’s NBA has that too. Durant isn’t really known for pushing defenders around.

• Wingspan and athleticism - again, there are defenders with this too.

• One of the strongest players ever - I’m sure this is debatable, but I don’t think it’s even a good reason for why he could defend Durant

• Hand check rule - you keep saying this and then failing to explain how it affects KD’s ability to shoot jumpers.

• Pushing people off their spots - Can you expand on that? Sounds like a shooting foul to me.

• Pippen’s fire - LOLOL

• Break him in half - again, this is so stupid. Durant’s not just gonna stop playing because of a hard foul.

You’re position is wrong and dumb, and your defense of your argument is nonsensical. Durant is taller, has a longer wingspan, is just as, if not more athletic, and is one of the best shooters ever. Pippin could certainly defend him better than most, but Durant would absolutely get his points.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  3. Ssmiff

Gonna move on. You see a different game than I do. You'd be better off listening to kesling for a picture.
    And the thought of Durant being athletic enough to guard Isaiah thomas and strong enough to defend Ewing flat out amuses me

4. Ssmiff

Pushing you off your spot Indy is me knowing where you want to get to midrange and being strong and smart enough to make it tough as hell for you to get there and shove you and your skinny legs around. You want the elbow. Come try and get it.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I haven't said one word about Durant guarding or defending anyone. You're apparently amused by stuff you've made up in your head.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Good luck "pushing him off his spot" when his spot is basically anywhere:

upload_2022-1-12_23-36-19.png

If "pushing him off his spot" meant "not letting him cross half court, then yeah, I might agree with you. Otherwise, he's in his spot.

NashVol11 likes this.
  7. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

If anyone can, it’s him (and I’m sure plenty did). Durant is the type that you’ll watch just playing in the flow of the game, then you look up and he has 44. It’s so easy for him, and I maintain he’s being underestimated.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I get that Russ hasn’t been THAT bad for the Lakers this season, but he just absolutely kills them at times.

They cut the lead to 6 with a minute left in the quarter. He proceeds to throw up a 3 (go figure, he’s 0/3 from behind the arc tonight) on the next possession, then he turns it over the possession after that. Kings get a dunk and then a 3 on their two possessions, and extend a 6 point lead to an 11 point lead in less than a minute. Just an absolute killer.

With the way Malik Monk is playing, Kendrick Nunn coming back soon, THT needing minutes to develop, and Avery Bradley better defensively, they just dont have minutes to be wasting on Westbrook. Hell, even the Reaves kid is draining 3’s for them.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

LOL

Down 4 with a minute to play… what shot do we want? Westbrook 3! He’s now 0/5, and the lead has been pushed to 7.

[uck fay]ing trade his ass already. Dumbest situational basketball player on planet earth.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

LeBron’s shot was off, and he didn’t play very well throughout. But at least down the stretch he was scoring and making plays on defense.

If the Lakers miss out on resigning Monk because they fail to trade Russ and have to pay him 40 bajillion dollars next year, they’re a bunch of [uck fay]ing idiots.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

“Westbrick,” “Trade Russ,” and “Russell Westbrook” are all trending on twitter.

Saw a poll with 82 votes asking if the Lakers would improve immediately by just cutting him. 83% of people voted yes.

Also saw a compilation of his terrible shots as a Laker. My god. It’s hard to watch.

I honestly feel bad for the guy. He loves being a Laker, and I was really hoping it would work out for him. But he’s just gotta go.

12. Ssmiff

Then he's not just as if not more athletic, as you suggested, because he doesn't have the athletic ability to guard all 5.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Caruso 2.0

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Kevin Durant is 100% athletic enough to guard all 5 positions. But we aren’t talking about Durant’s defensive capabilities. I’m filing this away in the same folder as “no one can back Scottie down.” It’s the “irrelevant statements” folder. Whether Durant can guard all 5 positions (he can) has nothing to do with whether Scottie could shut Durant down (he couldn’t.

15. Ssmiff

You said he was as good as an athlete or better than pippen. And he's not. And Durant could not have guarded IT one game then Ewing in the post the next. No idea what you see when watching a game or player outside of what you want to see.
    Also, Noone said pippen would shut down Durant. I and others said pippen would give him more trouble than anybody he faced. You said "he'd still go for 30" and I disagree, if Pippen is on him every possession.
    It's easier to discuss hoops when people keep emotion out of it and you don't seem to be able.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Kevin Durant is absolutely as good of an athlete, and potentially even a better athlete, than Pippen. I have no idea why you are equating the words "athlete" and "defender." Being a good athlete does not automatically translate into being a good defender. Russ in his prime was one of the best athletes the NBA has ever seen. He was never a top tier defender, nor was he able to guard IT one game and then Ewing the next. This fantasy land you've created where a guy can't be athletic unless he's a top tier defender who guards all 5 positions is really, really bizarre.

Ssmiff - "Pippen guards Durant and shoves him around."

Ssmiff - "He's not going to give Durant the elbow and watch him elevate for 30. He'd send him to the bench in Q2 with a hard foul or 3 before that would happen."

Groves - "He would bully him. Durant would beat him a few times but Pippen would win most"

Groves - "Durant would still score some because he's that good but there's not many defenders like Pippen."

Ssmiff - "He'd go for 30". Not on Pippen he wouldn't"

You realize that Durant averages 30 ppg in the playoffs, right? No one's saying "Durant would go off on Pippen." Durant going off is 40-50 points. We're just saying he'd hit his average ppg.

There's no emotion on this end. This post is you realizing your stance makes no sense, that you have no legitimate rebuttal to what I'm saying, and that the only hope you have of not continuing to sound like a babbling fool is to apply some sort of non-existent emotion to my posts in an attempt to make them seem less logical than they are.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

every player from 2022 is better than every player from 1996. It’s a fact. I know this because I watch games from the 90s on YouTube.

justingroves and HCKevinSteele like this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We're talking about 2017. Get your head out of your ass, JQK.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You should thank me, I saved you about 6.022*10^23 words

justingroves likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Updated GOAT player rankings

1. MJ
    2. Morant
    3. Wilt
    4. Russell
    5. Curry