The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

You're crazy.

2. VB

VB Member

Impossible to play with cramps.

3. GahLee

Damn near. He came back in after initially going out, hit a shot and couldn't even get back down court. Unfortunate for Miami.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lebron James could have used a sweet cool breeze from Stephenson in this game.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I liked this one:

Kobe tears his achilles, walks to the free throw line, shoots and makes 2, and walks back to his bench without help. Lebron cramps up, needs help off the court.

That said, cramps ****ing suck.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Remember when Wade was carted off once in a wheel chair for a shoulder injury? I was speechless.

7. GahLee

That was Paul Pierce. You'd have to take Wade off in a body bag, dudes played without knees for the last 3 years.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh? [video=youtube;vfuJS0SBSac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfuJS0SBSac[/video]

Bonus: Tennessee beat bama in OT that day

9. GahLee

Well damn.

10. GahLee

I just remember Paul being wheeled off as if he had been stabbed 7 or 8 times, only to return and look perfectly fine.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That was one of the stranger things I've ever seen, I thought it was completely for theatrical effect.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Didn't realize Corey Brewer was playing in the Finals.

13. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

True but even Mark Jackson said this is when the great ones find a way to tell their bodies not now and I'll deal with this later. Not saying LeBron isn't great but he seems to lack an intangible others have.

14. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Lol.

15. GahLee

If you can't run or jump, you're useless. He would have been putting himself and their title hopes at risk by playing. I like Jackson but he's flat out wrong on this one.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Child please

17. GahLee

Not sure what this is supposed to mean.

18. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

True on the first part but somehow guys like Willis Reed, Jack Lambert, Tiger Woods, Emmett Smith and Kurt Schilling found a way to play and play big. Two big differences - it was only game one, still a lot of basketball left and those athletes had broken limbs and ligaments not pms...I mean cramps. :)

19. GahLee

Willis Reed only played a few minutes. Tiger do any running around the course? Pretty sure Schilling took some sort of steroid.

All those injuries are worse in nature but in the short term, muscle cramps are just as debilitating. If you can't bend your leg, you can't bend your leg. Anyone suggesting he should have someone how played through a leg cramp has obviously never had a leg cramp.

20. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

I agree they are painful and debilitating. I'm not saying that he could have prevented them or played through them. Just making the observation that the truly iconic players find a way to do the impossible. They have those moments that captivate and amaze. Also interesting that no one else cramped last night.