The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

"The Great Ones properly hydrate" is a less cool-sounding, but more accurate way to say what some are saying. You can't will through a cramp. You can't. You have to go and get an IV or drink water and rest for a moment. Had the cramp occurred in the third or earlier, the story would be his manly and gutsy return. But it occurred towards the end of the 4th.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

How do minutes between Lebron versus some of the other guys compare? I don't know, but it may be a way of explaining why no one else cramped if only a couple of guys even approached his minutes.

3. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Was unaware but it looks like this is a recurring issue with him. If I'm the Spurs I might kick the thermostat up a few degrees in the remaining games.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11040631

4. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

I know it's unintentional but the quotes from Bosh, Allen, Battier & Parker make LeBron look a little soft.

5. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Lol at Gatorade. Quote from another ESPN article...

As the temperatures rose, Gatorade (the NBA's official sports drink provider) tweeted about the conditions.

With a game this hot, we're right at home. #WinFromWithin #NBAFinals

- Gatorade (@Gatorade) June 6, 2014
    Many fans responded to the tweet when James left the game early in the fourth quarter, then again when he had to be helped off the court, leading Gatorade to respond.

@ryanbkoo The person cramping wasn't our client. Our athletes can take the heat.

- Gatorade (@Gatorade) June 6, 2014
    James is an endorser of Powerade, a competitor to Gatorade, while teammate Dwyane Wade is one of Gatorade's highest-profile endorsers.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Gatorade doesn't do jack for hydrating me. In fact, I've always felt it made the situation worse.

7. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Too sweet for me. I have to cut it with water.

8. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Agree. Never drank it while actually playing.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He should chug a Miller Lite before game 2

10. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Schlitz

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

He got up to reenter the game with 3 minutes to go. Spiel straight told him no way.

12. hatvol96

Jack Lambert retired because of turf toe. Willis Reed played about five minutes at the start of a game. Tiger Woods plays golf. Emmitt Smith was a running back with a shoulder injury. Curt Schilling was faking.

13. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Game was over by then. No sense risking injury at that point.

14. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Playing linebacker with a broke leg trumps any reason for retiring. Reed was more drama than substance. A broken leg is a broken leg I don't care what sport you're playing. 200+ yds is a heck of a day with a separated shoulder. The bloody sock was over done but I doubt he was faking a torn ligament.

15. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Well if that's your observation, LeBron has done that plenty of times. So I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.

16. hatvol96

Jack Youngblood played with a broken leg, not Jack Lambert. If you are going to make a nonsensical point to further your ridiculous campaign against LeBron, at least get the facts correct.

17. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Lol. Didn't think it was Lambert but figured it's the internet why bother getting facts right. For the record, not campaigning against LeBron. Think he's the best player in the game and when his career is finished he'll probably be top 5 maybe top 3. Just saying that I couldn't imagine that happening to MJ (I'm a Knicks fan so you know how I feel about Jordan), Bird, Magic or Wilt or Russell.

18. hatvol96

Jordan missed 2/3rds of a season with a broken foot. Bird missed huge stretches of time with a bad back. Magic missed the final 2 1/2 games of the '89 Finals with a hamstring injury. [ussies pay].

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Broken foot=cramps? With the trainers and recovery drinks available today?

20. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Except for Magic different circumstances than the 4th quarter of a finals game. With all of them the injuries were from circumstances isolated to that player. If he woulda turned an ankle or pulled a hammy I would have truly felt bad for him. Last night LeBron suffered an injury due to external factors that every player in the game was subjected too. All the players interviewed after the game basically said it was hot but we handled it except him. He's the only one that got debilitating cramps. Maybe it's just irony, maybe it's nothing. I find it interesting.