The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I don't think LeBron is desperate for public approval. In the past? Sure. Nowadays I think he knows he can't win some people no matter what he does.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  2. GahLee

What the **** does that matter? Are people really that hyper-critical? He was carried the last 5 feet to the bench, who cares?

People that hate LeBron are going to find ways to blow everything out of proportion that's even remotely negative. And undersell everything that he does great.

3. GahLee

Jedi Mind Trick. Jordan would have surgically removed the cramping muscle during a timeout. Went back in the game and kicked the other teams teeth in.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I hardly am suggesting that's something only Lebron has btw, but yes I think he cares very much about his public image. It was a huge shock to his ego that everyone didn't think he was Jesus Christ after the decision. Guy had really never experienced negativity in his whole life.

5. Richard Dick

Richard Dick New Member

To be fair Lebron asked to come back in. Spoelstra refused.

6. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

But MJ would have punched his coach in the face and gone in anyway. More proof that LeBron is a [itch bay].

7. GahLee

His legacy is tremendous but we are far enough removed from it that it's starting to get closer to mythology than reality. People want to act as if he was a one man show and that the NBA he played in was stockpiled with elite teams and that he destroyed said teams by himself.

I can't downplay his career, he's the greatest but he had an immense amount of help in getting there but folks always want to exasperate his accomplishments when he's compared to LeBron and all the while try to water down what LeBron has done. People pick apart LeBron's every move, if social media existed back in Jordan's day you'd never have seen a "be like Mike" campaign and Jordan's entire legacy would be slighted by the fact that he's an utter ******* and a degenerate gambler.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Immense amount of help? Wade > Pippen. Bosh >>>> Horace grant

If Jordan had today's nba rules he would have scored 50 a game. And Jordan never laid down in playoff games like Lebron has done over his career.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  9. GahLee

Pippen over Wade? Laughable. Bosh over Grant? Hysterical. And the only decade that Jordan would have averaged 50 is the 50's, against a bunch of slow white dudes.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If you think Scottie Pippen had any prayer of winning a championship without Michael Jordan like wade did I'm going to assume you never saw him play. You are seriously saying Horace grant was better? What possible evidence do you have? Guy averaged 11 points a game.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  11. GahLee

Wade had Shaq. And if you seriously think that Chris Bosh is better than Horace Grant then you don't know [penis] about NBA basketball. He was a superior defender, rebounder and offensive player. He would have killed in the role that Bosh plays now.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He had shaq at 25 percent. Did you actually see grant play? How old are you? Grant was a truly mediocre nba player. If he was that great why did the bulls let him go? This is a guy who made the all star team one time in his entire career and never once made first team all defense.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Shaq was just fine the year the Heat won it. If you think Horace Grant was mediocre, I see no reason to discuss the NBA with you further.

14. hatvol96

The Bulls didn't let him go. Orlando signed him to a max money deal. Then, Grant and company promptly eliminated the returning Jordan and the Bulls in the '95 Playoffs.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Fine? He averaged what 8 points a game in the finals?

16. hatvol96

He made all NBA first team that season. I'd say that's a decent indicator he was fine.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yeah that turned out to be a great decision. Remind me why orlando traded him?

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The fans voted him in.

19. hatvol96

The fans don't vote on that.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Career achievement award. He averaged 14 points a game that season.