The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fact check: false.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's not the kind of response to cause Indy to go on a rant.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

AI, imo.

Edit: AI the technology, not AI the person.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

This is the type of post which makes people think you are a troll, when comparing MJ talking to refs during a game to Lebron blaming refs to media after team blowing a 20 pt lead.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

People think a lot of stupid things.

Indy likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

ya, like comparing in game complaining to refs to blaming refs to media after blowing a 20 pt lead in the playoffs. Find a clip of MJ doing that and you’ll have a point.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

NashVol11 and Indy like this.
  8. Ssmiff

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

NashVol11 likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

12. Ssmiff

so then you google and show me where MJ sat after a blown 20 pt lead in a playoff game and cried about the refs to media.
    Comparing him commenting on refs in a December game in 1992 as a “look mj did it too” just shows neither of you get it or will get it.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

https://x.com/jamesedrick3/status/1782821612024115369?s=46&t=-g4-4SHxx6dZ80rS7hnjTA

Darvin Ham is the Lakers’ biggest issue.

After that, it’s the fact that the defense goes completely into the toilet when AD sits, and the offense goes completely into the toilet when LeBron sits.

And then you have shit like Dinwiddie, Vincent, and Hayes playing a combined 60 minutes across 2 playoff games and scoring 0 points.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh, [uck fay] off. I'm not this bad.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

"At least" a respectable position. Not "the least" respectable position.

Unless I'm reading your response wrong.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why are you being so specific with your request? Why does it have to be a 20 point lead, as opposed to a 15 point lead? Or a 10 point lead? Or any lead? Why does it have to be the playoffs?

You're adding these super specific details because you know it makes the Googling harder, on top of how hard it already is to find, not because it happened less or not at all, but because it was pre-Youtube/Social Media. You don't actually think these tings are necessary in order to prove the point that MJ whined about referees too.

NashVol11 likes this.
  17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Remember when MJ eye raked and then punched Reggie Miller, and the refs threw REGGIE out of the game?

What reason would MJ have ever had to go after the refs post-game when this sort of thing was his standard experience?

18. Ssmiff

All I’m saying is I just don’t see MJ sitting there cussing about the refs going down 0-2 if he was on the floor and gave up a 20 pt lead. I don’t think the refs would come up. I thinks he’d say “we can’t blow a 20’pt lead”, repeat it about 5 times and walk off. That’s all I’m saying.
    If u disagree so be it. Only proof is one has and one hasn’t.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And it's also worth pointing out that Bron didn't exactly "go after the refs" and it definitely wasn't related to a "missed call."

He went after the challenge/replay/review process. He pointed specifically to DLo getting hit in the face, and the review center waving off the foul anyway. There's a big difference between complaining about that and complaining about a missed call. There's no excuse to miss a call that you can literally review over and over and over again on video to get the call right. Why are all of us able to watch that video and say "Yeah, he hit him in the face. That's a foul," but these guys couldn't figure it out? It's a question worth answering in a game that finished with a last second 2-point shot to win.

He also pointed out the ending to the 76ers/Knicks game as another example. And the 76ers announced almost immediately that they were filing a grievance with the league. And, oh, look, the Last Two Minute Report admits to missed calls:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40011181/tyrese-maxey-fouled-twice-chaotic-sequence-l2mr-says

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

"Obviously we gave up a 20 point lead. That's unfortunate, but 20 point leads in this league aren't safe, especially against the defending champions. We gotta do better. But we had our chances."

First response out of his mouth in the interview.

Honestly, I don't think you "saw" anything from LeBron. I imagine you didn't watch the interview and probably only saw comments, articles, tweets, whatever about LeBron "crying" about the refs. And here you are.