The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

If stats do the storytelling are you just gonna reply that stats are meaningless or that stat geekshouldn't be allowed to dinner parties with the adults?

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Tim Duncan wasn't the Spurs best player this year.

Well, it's close, but not clear. This year's Spurs is one of the best examples I can think of of a team thta truly operated as a unit with most every part doing equal work.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Who said Worthy was driving the bus?

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

19/10/3/2, 50+FG%…not too shabby. If not for him they don't beat Boston in game 7, Kobe was flat out awful that game. I don't know if he was top 15 but he was without a doubt in the vicinity.

5. GahLee

Yup. No one player had to carry more than they could handle. On the flip side LeBron was a one man show. The Miami Cavs.

6. hatvol96

Top 15 players aren't totally dependent on playing with someone better than them. Gasol was. Without Kobe, he's the guy who was leading Memphis to a 25 win type season when he got traded. He's not even the best player in his family.

7. GahLee

To be fair, they did win 45,49,50 before the year he got traded. Plus, I can't fault a guy for not winning big for a transplant franchise.

He had some impressive series/games for them in the playoffs while the great player you mentioned was chucking bricks.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Worthy was great, but the lakers beat a bunch of teams with multiple great players. Different era today. Danny ainge isn't a bench player in 2014.

9. hatvol96

Ainge was a starter on those Celtic teams.

10. GahLee

Don't let facts get in the way of a good debate.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Not in 1984

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You mean like the ones that show he didn't start for the 1984 championship team?

13. hatvol96

Why do that?

14. hatvol96

Neither was McHale. Guess he was a "bench player", too.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yes that's what's call someone who doesn't start. And thank you for adding to my point. Is there any prayer mchale wouldn't be starting on a championship team today?

16. hatvol96

How long has Manu Ginobli been coming off the bench in San Antonio? That didn't add shit to your point. James Harden rarely started when he was with Oklahoma City. Who is out there when the game tips off means zip. Tell me who is out there in the fourth quarter.

17. hatvol96

What do you call a guy who started about 90% of his team's games in 5 of a 6 year period?

18. GahLee

Danny Ainge.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If you are telling me San Antonio even touched the level of talent on that celtics team than either you are an idiot or intentionally running the argument off course.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ok now the argument is he started other years. Got it. A simple "I was wrong" would suffice.