The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Nah. Nobody was upset about an article mentioning the fact that it happened here. But you’re gonna you I guess.

2. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

He won't

3. NashVol11

"Where are the articles" (5 of them)
    "Where are the national articles" (5 of those too)
    "Where are the national pearl clutching articles" (3 of those in my first post)
    "Where are the..."

One of us is gonna one of us, that's for sure

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The fact that you can’t see the difference in we are talking about is typical

justingroves likes this.
  5. NashVol11

Talking about how the Cameron Crazies need to be the #1 topic on every stupid sports show you watch and otherwise it's a media conspiracy to protect Duke, yes very hard to see

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So he replied to a couple of tweets calling him out? Go on his crusade.

Your are as big of a Duke wanna act like you are awesome tool as he is.

zehr27 likes this.
  7. NashVol11

You made something up and were wrong, I pointed out that he did comment on it, and that's a tool thing because the cool thing is for people to just make things up and double down on them instead, as long as it's about someone you don't like. If you think Bilas is some massive Duke homer you don't know anything about him either

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is a good time to plug my campaign that Duke is among the worst entities in the college world. Sign up for my Ted talk, it runs deep.

justingroves, SetVol13 and emainvol like this.
  9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Weird, when I go to Jay Bilas's Twitter page, I don't see anything about the player safety incident at Cameron.

Oh, it's because those are replies, so you have to dig to find them unless you're following both @CarolinaDawgs1 (assuming that's a UGA FB/UNC BB fan who deserves the death penalty) and Bilas. AND he even throws in a weak pre-excuse as to why they won't cover it. If player safety is important enough to Zapruder in February, it feels like it still merits a mention in March.

Such a shame. Used to be the best rivalry in sports before this awful fan/player behavior.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Here I am all these years later realizing that JJ Reddick was actually a good one.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

But yeah, I have my concerns about the place that produced Richard Spencer and Stephen Miller and then all those racist shitbags that harassed Elton Brand

And, less racist, but also Richard Nixon

justingroves likes this.
  12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

IMG_0602.jpeg

Ssmiff and emainvol like this.
  13. CardinalVol

All right, I want to hear it. Let's go.

emainvol likes this.
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Do any of those articles discuss what this recent tripping episode does to the kid's credibility? Any of them discuss how it can further inform the lens through which so many people viewed (and subsequently lost their minds over) the court storming incident?

The dude is one trip away from it being a trend.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

NET rankings have Arizona 4, UT 5, Auburn 6th, UNC 7th.

Which one of these is not like the others?

upload_2024-3-11_18-2-38.png

upload_2024-3-11_18-2-59.png

upload_2024-3-11_18-3-20.png

upload_2024-3-11_18-3-38.png

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

So Porter Moser may be leaving Oklahoma for DePaul. That would be a good get for DePaul, but certainly an interesting career move by Moser.

17. CardinalVol

Tell me you don't want to deal with the SEC without telling me you don't want to deal with the SEC.

Because there is no other reason I can think of.

justingroves likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Riley maneuver

19. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Let it rip. If we ignore volume and are just looking at enormous levels of suck per capita, I think they’re very arguably the worst.

justingroves, SetVol13 and emainvol like this.
  20. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

There’s a reason there isn’t much buzz around them. On their best day they can beat almost anyone, but their best requires too many people to all play well at the same time. Too many key guys that are inconsistent and lacking leadership.