The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

If there is not a clear formula ever given, then this will always just be reverse engineering results for preferred match ups.

zehr27 and Indy like this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Jerry Palm was on Basilio today and he said they don’t really use NET, like, they use it but not really, was his quote, loosely.

They do what they want.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Wish someone on the “inside” will just say they fill out the bracket however they damn well please.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Kentucky fans are really feeling themselves after Saturday. Between them and Purdue, I can't imagine who I want to lose more. It will likely end up being Kentucky. They are in prime obnoxious mood and chirping loudly about them giving us a "reality check" and shit.

It almost makes me care whether or not we win in Nashville (As the SEC tourney comes, I know I'll be interested, though.).

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not winning the SEC tourney will not make me confident about breaking through to the FF.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

It won’t affect me either way

justingroves likes this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I really just don't care about the SECT. Glad we won it once. Just don't care since.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Welcome to my life growing in and with a family full of Indiana University alumni.

And to tie this all up, nobody thought conference tournaments were dumber than Robert Montgomery Knight.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    justingroves likes this.
  9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Must really like Chicago.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’d like to win it. If I’m a player I want to win it. It’s one of the goals. Tell me you wouldn’t want to cut dow the nets and if you think you can win it you think you can win it all. These dudes are elite competitors and the i don’t care about winning a tourney isn’t in their blood.
    If we don’t win it, did we play well and lose or play like shit and lose. Did we look tired and lose. Or did something fluky happen and we lose. Looking bad of course would be concerning but seems when we have looked bad in the past, our response usual to go on a little run for a few games.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I understand where you’re coming from, but I honestly don’t think it means that much. Only three of the last ten national titles winners won their conference tournaments.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I understand why coaches don’t want to play 3-4 days in a row after a grueling season, 100%. Players though, they’ve been playing tournies since they were 10 when they play game after game just to compete for a $5 medal.
    If you win you are a hot team and have high level of confidence. If you lose you play it off and remind the team we tend to go on 6-0 win runs after losses and its time to get another one.
    Either way like you said it doesn’t mean ncaa success is coming.
    Imagine though for a minute if it was 2/3. How fun would that be. And like us 2/3 vs anybody

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That is exactly why. He has major ties there and wants to go back to the area.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Still.

That is an impossible situation. It shouldn’t be, much like St John’s, but man it is woeful.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It is wild no one has figured that place out yet.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Lunardi has Samford as a 13. They are a team I would not want to play early because if they get hot they can shoot the lights out of the gym.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The 13 seed has become the new upset seed.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This was always the issue with "the Kentucky game isn't important" position.

IP likes this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

They pivoted from ridiculing us for celebrating a meaningless regular season championship to celebrating a regular season single game win over us at ludicrous speed

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I take the position that every game is my super bowl.

A-Smith likes this.