The "New and Improved" UT Staff Is To Alabama's as...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Jan 18, 2012.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The way things are going around UT athletics 7-5 probably gets him a raise and 2 new pairs of orange paints.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  2. WM

WM Active Member

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

WM's post drove the point home

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

the sad thing is, i feel like we'd keep him if he goes 7-5.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Very appropriate.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Winner.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Dave Hart didn't get in the AD business to insure the employment of subpar coaches. Had Hart been on the job before the season he would have fired the entire staff following the UK game. Anything less than 9 wins and Dooley is ran out of town.

8. GoVols

GoVols Member

I don't understand. Why wait? What good is letting this medicore coach wreck our program for another year going to do us?

9. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Holy crap, Coy and Vance

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Because you can't just fire a coach that still has a decent amount of support within the fanbase unless you already have someone you're ready to pull the trigger on. Hart is a football guy and if he'd been here long enough to have seen the wide spectrum of amateur hour, he would have had his sights set on several targets by the time his flight left Fayetteville.

I've got friends at Bama who have worked with Hart and the word amongst the young coaches there was that taking a job in Tennessee would guarantee them having to uproot and move their families twice in 2012.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Coy and Vance really wrecked my grandfather's entire 1982.

12. OrangeEmpire

Bo and Luke were off violating their parole driving Nascar and amazingly two more cousins were available......a smart one and a dumb blonde.....go figure.

Though you have to admit upon Bo and Lukes return the minature sets of the gen lee flying over water towers and the like was equally as horrible.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Hart has been turned into this icon of hope that he has dine nothing to earn as of yet

14. WM

WM Active Member

the terms of their parole seemed to vary every episode

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Agree completely. I see no reason to be confident that he's definitely going to hire the right guy if/when Dooley is fired.

16. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Coy and Vance heading to the University Of Tennessee.

[video=youtube;lxjy4_-bu-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxjy4_-bu-s[/video]

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I get that and agree wholeheartedly But what gives me confidence is that he did lose his job at FSU for trying to fire an underachieving Bobby Bowden.

18. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

7-5 and keep dooley == screwed
    8-4 and keep dooley == screwed

19. OrangeEmpire

9 & 3 screwed?
    10 & 2 screwed?

Just asking, a lot are comparing him to Shula while at bama.

20. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

You guys are so correct on so many levels, but is Kirby Smart the right guy to lead us I mean he is the number two defensive guy at Alabama? Hes never been a Head Coach much less a does he really have any say so on that team or does he just yes Nick what ever you want them to do its your defense? Seems Hart would go after some one who has been a winner at another level and give them the money to buy the best resources around him! I mean Hart has been around a school that was a top 5 school for what better part of 20 yrs, which leads me to believe he likes the super suites at the big bowl games that are given to the University.