The Night Kiffin Left Knoxville, An Oral History

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jul 29, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I have no idea what this means, but I would never let anyone shit on my staff.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

"Cody Pope (Tennessee offensive lineman. Today, works for CH Robinson.)
    (Me and) Nick Reveiz, Luke Stocker, Shane Reveiz, Austin Johnson, Daniel Lincoln and Nick Stephens were just all hanging around the apartment. We all liked to eat together when we could and were going to Ruby Tuesdays."

Translation: we don't hang out with black people

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I don't know the details, it could be pretty legit, but I thought the part where they referred to Daniel Hood's "Handy man service" as a "home remodeling company" was pretty comical.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And this is where the entirety of it rests, and directly at Fulmer's feet.

He championed Hambone's ascension to the job for one reason - his own selfish and personal gain. And it damned near destroyed the UTAD.

5. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Can I pay private money to publicly execute Dooley

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You're out of your element

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You really want to hear Huffman rant over Fulmer for 45678th time?

9. Tenacious D

I've never seen a better, or more painfully true statement, than this.

It was precisely what our fan base wanted, and there's not a more compellingly damnable argument as to the depth and breadth of our communal stupidity, than this fact.

Sadly, most of our fans still fail to realize this.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know. I kind of think maybe we just didn't give him enough time.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Do you still think he is worth a shit as a HC?

12. Tenacious D

F U.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he could be, but he's a perfect OC. The guy is a great X and O coach, it's the talking to people part he sucks at. He needs a mouthpiece, someone to talk for him.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I despised the hire, then watched Bray come in and break records. I thought Dooley was going to be able to ride Bray's arm for a decent to good 3 year run. He ****ed that up and then quit while still getting checks. There was absolutely no reason for him to be on the sidelines in 2012.

For such an ass hole, he managed to put together a pretty solid staff his first two years here. Once Wilcox, Sirmon, Baggett and Thompson left, there was no reason to keep him.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I wish Hamilton would have stepped down the same night Kiffin did, or stepped off the Henley Street bridge one

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

A lot of people anointed him the next coming when he was able to land Stone away from Alabama because he didn't want to play for Kiffin.

What player that truly ended up being worth a dang did Dooley single handily lock down? Patterson is about the only one. The rest Kiffin had already pretty much gotten. He got Hunter, Rogers, Bray, and practically had AJ Johnson and Maggit already locked down for 2011.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm glad he didn't or else Fulmer would have stepped right back in.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Stone, Tiny and Patterson.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Brian Randolph has been ok. Although, I think Kiffin was also pursuing him while at UT. Maggitt I think was totally Dooley, but he really hasn't done anything special thus far.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No. Probably a great coordinator, but can't be the public face of anything. The spotlight isn't at all his strength.