The random college game thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's just an old time football coach. It's just a plus that he's getting to do it at a place that he loves and cares about.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It isn't against the rules. He would be stupid not to take advantage of the tactic.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Btw he threw a s fit after the game for people questioning his integrity and said his players are instructed to go down if they have an injury

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I don't know if he could be a championship caliber recruiter (he might be, I just have no idea), but the dude can coach football.

I remember seeing a debate a couple years ago about his record in close games. Winning close games is generally considered to be more luck than skill, and team quality shows in ability to win without needing close games. But Northwestern consistently wins close games at a higher rate than you're supposed to be able to.

5. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

watching highlights and slo mo'd the Cal hit on the qb that got him ejected. Imo, that was bs. He only took one step, which was already in progress, prior to the hit. The qb's hand almost hit him in the helmet on follow through as the players head was down. He didn't launch. His last step is just by the qb's left foot and he actually has both feet on the ground at first contact. He wraps up, with his head to the side and on the qb's shoulder pad. I guess he was aggressive taking him to the ground, but if you watch the hit slowly and focus on the background, the qb already had his momentum going backwards in anticipation of the hit, which would make it look much worse when you basically make yourself into a tackling dummy.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't you instruct your players to go down if injured?

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's going to be a shit show when those ejections trickle down to the high school ranks.

8. hatvol96

If the kind of garbage that comprises the Bay Area media started questioning my integrity, I'd go off too.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Well that kind of implies they were actually injured doesn't it?

10. hatvol96

You have proof they weren't?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Not just the Bay Area media. If you are going to fake injuries don't pull the "how dare you question my integrity" card. Own it like a man.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yeah I'm sure it's a coincidence that 7 dudes had "cramps" in 60 degree heat with zero humidity, miraculously all on defense and in the 4th quarter and all came back into the game healthy the next play.

13. hatvol96

Did they get flagged for unsportmanlike conduct? If not, you're just crying because that PAC 12 speed you were talking about proved to be a mirage.

14. hatvol96

Guys miss one play and return all the time.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

When has a team ever been flagged for faking injuries? Our speed shredded their d. Unfortunately we thew two flukey pick 6s and our dline is apparently terrible.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

All in a row?

17. hatvol96

It's always a fluke. Kind of like the fluke that Stanford has now made Cal their plaything.

18. hatvol96

If one guy cramps, it seems more likely others will follow.

19. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

fellas, changing momentum in any way possible has always been part of the game. Guys have been going down on one knee to get their breath and play mental games for a long time.

20. hatvol96

Thanks for clearing that up. Very informative.