The Russel Wilson Sucks Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by RockyHill, Sep 21, 2015.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

“I banged my head during the Packers game in the playoffs, and the next day I was fine,” Wilson told the mag. “It was the water.”

You can't defend that statement.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What did JJ Watt do?

That guy goes above and beyond in his community.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

yup, he's a piece of shit.

4. GahLee

None of that matters...

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

isn't pharma doing the same thing?

6. GahLee

You're reaching here.

7. RockyHill

Did I say that? Nope, sure didn't. That stuff does matter and it's good that NFL players help people. But when I'm assessing whether an NFL player is a phony douche nozzle I don't take that into account because they pretty much all give back in one way or another.

8. GahLee

You're ****ing delusional.

“At first we were dubious,” said Kopp, the director of corporate annual giving for the hospital’s foundation. “We thought, ‘Is this guy going to really come every week?’ No way. We’ve never had that experience before.”

They wondered if there were other motives behind the request. The hospital had dealt with the city’s athletes before. Some would say they would come regularly, show up once or twice and then never again. Others would be ushered in for photo ops in common areas with non-serious patients and then out the door they went.

They tried Wilson out on a trial basis. They put him in playrooms with some of the kids to see how he interacted. Most people didn’t even know who he was yet, because he wasn’t the Seahawks’ starting quarterback.

Everyone kept waiting for the Tuesday when he wouldn’t show up.

That never happened. And even more stunning: Wilson kept asking for more. See more kids. Visit more rooms. See the toughest and hardest cases in the hospital.

9. RockyHill

I can't make you see it. You just need to be smarter I guess. I think it's good that people have their days brightened by Russel Wilson, I truly do. But he's a phony, plain and simple.

10. GahLee

If the worst thing he's done is falsely sell water and not **** his girlfriend, then he's probably doing pretty well for himself. If that makes him a phony to you, great, you're entitled to be an idiot.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't really care either way, but why is he a phony? Seems he isn't, at least as it pertains to the hospital.

12. GahLee

Exactly, phonies show up once and the photo op with the one-day surgery patients and then move on.

13. RockyHill

I would grant you this if his entire life wasn't a blatant attempt at self branding himself into America's favorite altar boy.

14. GahLee

So you think he's doing that work for self-promotion? Even if he is, which I don't believe to be the case, there are worse things a guy could be doing with his free time.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He's ultra image conscious. Anyone thinking they know him is kidding themselves. Hell his own teammates say they don't know him.

16. RockyHill

Drosk knows the deal.

17. RockyHill

Yeah I've acknowledged this.

18. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Maybe he's "boning" the staff to get his reputation boosted.

19. GahLee

He's no more image conscious than Peyton Manning, I don't see anyone claiming he's a fraud or that he sucks at life.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There is a poster on this board...