The Stock Market Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by golfballs03, Oct 28, 2011.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Sounds like a teacher that worked at numerous schools (two middle schools and a high school), so that's three different schools, at minimum, that have likely been exposed.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Holy moly that’s an hour long. Can you give me a breakdown?

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

SuperduperOversimplified as I make it out: money is fake, buy gold

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’m getting guns so I can take everyone else’s gold.

warhammer likes this.
  5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That’s a way oversimplification. Talks about how fiat money always fails long term due to governments over printing.

Hits on how economically illiterate we are as a society and how schools do such a poor job teaching finance.

Plus that in the Information Age, we value the victim. That’s going to cost us our principles if we stay on that track and isn’t sustainable.

Calls for diversification of assets.he doesn’t advise for buying gold and silver for an investment but said instead of having large amounts of cash to put in it in mostly silver bars.

Talks that the global pension problem, social security, and national debt is going to force a Depression and that we live in a fish tank in this country.

Called the crash in 2008 and made a killing off of it so he’s an interesting cat.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’m getting a gun that shoots gold bullets.

So, Catch-22.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Silver and gold have not been good long term investments and have been poor historical inflation hedges. I’d be curious to know how many crashes he called that never happened. One constant of the silver and gold people is predicting doom at all times.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    JudgmentVol and IP like this.
  8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You can rent mine.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I do seem to see the tag line “called the 2008 crash” attached to a ton of people.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah but he didn’t just say crash coming. He told which banks were going to fail 6 months before it happened.

It was just interesting to listen to while working out

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah like warren taking credit because she basically just said all banks are evil.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

housing crash means banks are going to fail. That always happens. Now if he predicted aig or Lehman he has my props.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There were a few who called it, or at least saw it in its beginning stages and made a killing, but most of these folks I just roll my eyes about.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He called Lehman

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

at what point and what context?

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It was obvious there was a housing problem and bubble. Predicting that leads to that level of recession was the difficult part

17. CardinalVol

It was the ones that figured out that the mortgage-backed securities were going to collapse that made the money.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Seems that’s what this cat did and bought a shot ton of real estate

19. CardinalVol

In hindsight it makes total sense. You've got the sexiest product on Wall Street that is backed by subprime mortgages going under left and right. Just tip my cap to the ones that figured it out or shorted Lehman Bros into bankruptcy.

20. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Man with the golden gun.