The Stock Market Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by golfballs03, Oct 28, 2011.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Way to convince everyone you think the world is going to end fed

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel like the market is wrong. I was way more concerned last week. the administration is up to their elbows in this problem now and working on it, our chances are greatly improved from before when there was reluctance to acknowledge a problem.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm looking into purchasing some commercial real estate sometime in the future. I could pull the trigger next week. Or I could just as easily wait a year. Based on rates and what all is happening what would be best?

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The market is still catching up with you.

5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

But the solution is going to involve a pretty massive short term economic disruption. No idea how large the drop should be, but a drop makes sense.

6. TennTradition

Unkess you find the perfect spot I would wait to let this stress move through the market a bit more.

The impacts of this are going to move beyond the 8 week quarantine or whatever we find ourselves on. GDP will be hit, layoffs will happen, and we will have to recover out of it. I would think you would have better options down the line.

I don’t know if this is in partnership with investors or to be financed - but seems like you would have better options in that regard in a few months.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

proud owner of a tesla (share).

gcbvol and CardinalVol like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not planning for the short term. the sun will come up. and if it doesn't, stock won't be a worry anyway

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Nothing huge. Just buying the property I currently occupy. If I get a good rate I could conceivably have a lower monthly payment than my current rent.

justingroves and Tenacious D like this.
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’ve played enough Fallout to where I should be good either way.

emainvol and IP like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

that seems like a good move, since you are just losing what you pay in rent

12. TennTradition

What do you know about the owners? Any chance for financial stress? If not and you’re really just targeting rates - give it some time to filter into lending and the.n go for it.

Tenacious D likes this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I was watching Fox yesterday when they announced the interest rate slash. They had a business/investor expert come on and say that there would be a huge rally today. Host agreed. I laughed and changed the channel.

Where do they find these people

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

when i heard the news i knew it would be down. if the fed is freaked out so will the markets.

TennTradition likes this.
  15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

doubt it's this level of economic disruption. but the market will be acting this way until we get good news.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's retired and fairly well off. I wouldn't think all this would hit him too bad in the long run.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sooooo. The dip below 20,0000 the bottom? Or got more coming tomorrow?

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

feels like a bottom, but the market will be news driven for the next couple of weeks at least and it's hard to imagine a ton of positive news that will drive the market significantly higher. i have some clients with investable assets and i put a lot to work this morning. all i'm telling people is i'm reasonably certain the market will be higher 6 months from today

19. TennTradition

I thank that restrictions are only going to get tighter and as hospitals start filling up it’s going to sink in more with folks. I don’t know how much longer I’m on the sidelines but it’s longer unless we bounce 4000 pts off Dow bottom, then I’m probably wrong and I’ll be back in.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

market is already pricing in a major recsesion. I do think there will be some sort of recession off of this, but it's near 08 levels where the drop has gotten kind of silly. that being said i felt that way in 08 and lost 15% of my investment before the market turned. so it can always go much lower even if irrational