The Sunshine Pumping Josh Heupel Positives Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 27, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He made Missouri's offense look good, I know Tennessee will score some.

That's about it, though

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

He made Mizzou’s offense look good against awful teams. Anyone with a pulse was easily able to handle it.

3. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

That's about where we would have been with Kiffin. Scoring a lot, giving up a lot.

IF he can actually implement a good offense here, and I absolutely think he has the talent on-hand to do that, and if Steele can get together a defense that can generate a pass rush and force some turnovers... I think he'll be successful.

Not win the SEC and get into the playoffs successful, but at least consistently win 8/9 games and not lose to Georgia State, Vandy, etc.

4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Did you watch Kiffin score at will against Alabama this year? We’ll see if Heupel can do that.

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He's getting a six year deal. Holy shit.

6. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Welp, we're [uck fay]ed.

7. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I'm not saying Heupel is as good as Kiffin, IMO he isn't. Just making a point that good QB/receiver play can make you a lot more competitive a lot quicker than trying to do it the 1980s way by building a 24-man deep defense.

It may work, it may not. I have no idea.

Ssmiff likes this.
  8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Gotcha yeah with you 1000% there

9. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

That's where I'm at. It's a different game now that is ruled by offenses and he's well equipped. I do feel better than I did when they hired Butch but not by much.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What is his buyout if fired? Probably full guaranteed money, knowing UT. Six years, [uck fay]ing hell.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ll put it here too

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Just plant some McDonald’s bags in his office in a couple years and start over, again.

reVOLt likes this.
  13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

At least this time we hired the guy that beat the shit out of Butch versus hiring the who got the shit beat out by ddiapos.

warhammer likes this.
  14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I'm fine with 6 years so long as he doesn't get a [uck fay]ing extension and raise in Year 2 after going 7-5. I think he should get 4 years here so long as he isn't getting absolutely shit-boxed by competition in Year 3 (ahem, Pruitt).

NO RAISES/EXTENSIONS UNTIL AFTER YEAR 4.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We hired a B-tier up-and-comer, for the fourth time in a row. I’m not happy about that, for the fourth time in a row. But sometimes B-tier hires work out better than you expect, and I would rather find some reasons for optimism (and they do exist) than be miserable all offseason. That’s just me, and I certainly don’t demand it of others. I hope that Heupel is able to build on the things he’s previously done well and to mitigate the unknowns by putting together an excellent staff. I won’t say I’m really counting on it, but I’ll give him wait-and-see, for my own sake as much as anything else, until it becomes absolutely clear that he’s not winning. That will probably happen at some point in the next 2-3 years, but I hope it doesn’t.

warhammer and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A year extension without a raise wouldn't bother me, it's pretty much standard to have 4 years remaining at all times

utvol0427 likes this.
  17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's always been the case with these type of offenses if you can't out athlete teams.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Don’t care until we see what the buyout looks like. Years on the deal are meaningless in a vacuum.

19. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Meanwhile Lane goes to Gainesville during that time! We are not praying hard enough!!

Sent from Not in my Home State using the new old Atari

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

So basically we fire him in 4 years with a 4 million dollar buyout. That's not as bad. It's still a shitpile, though.