The Sunshine Pumping Josh Heupel Positives Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 27, 2021.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

At least classy it up for the next coach and use Burger King bags.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Pffft... Krystals, IMO. Be sure to leave the empty chili cups in there too. They don’t deserve the good stuff.

3. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Here's the thing for me, I need you people that know people to find out why we didn't talk to Sexton people. Is our AD that dumb/prideful, or is this further fallout from destroying Pruitt's career that he's exacting revenge with?

If he's that dumb/prideful, I'm livid.

If Sexton blocked us, this was among the best we could probably do. Lord knows what he might have been telling other coaches behind the scenes, even those that he didn't represent. I think Heupel has a slim chance to succeed and I'll be rooting for him for sure. In this case, DW needs to repair that bridge and hopefully Heupel can wade us through sanctions while he does it and maybe next time around that 50M or whatever it is in on our line will land us a fish. I really think Boyd, Plowman, and DW want to succeed here, and I highly doubt they were jumping up and down when Josh Heupel said yes.

4. Savage Orange

Sexton is a businessman above all. He didn’t “block” anybody. As far as future hires go... there won’t be any “fish” for Tennessee. It’s time to get over being a destination job any more. We’re now a third tier stepping stone to other, more attractive jobs for coaches who don’t mind putting their careers on the line to come here and try out for bigger jobs. I hate it, but it’s our reality now. A big tradition school with all the amenities but no power behind it any more because that’s the way the folks in charge want it. We’re officially a “has-been” program.

5. Volsdude

When somebody takes 16 million dollars from your client and destroys any future head coaching career they might have had, that's a problem for your business.

Tar Volon and justingroves like this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sexton let it be known his guys weren't coming for cheap. There was fallout from not paying Pruitt's buyout. We may not see a Sexton guy here for awhile

Volsdude likes this.
  7. Savage Orange

Pruitt will be fine. He’s already got a NFL
    job lined up.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Aaron Haydens son Dallen if getable now, wheras we were not going to be a factor before. So thats good. Or bad. Depending where you are at

9. Volsdude

He is 16mil light in getting there, and can probably never coach in college again with the level of disgrace we put him through.

If you represent someone and you let that go unpunished, what does that say to your other client base? It would serve him to send a message saying "if you do that to one of my clients, I will make your life a living hell." That way, people would want to be represented by you, because organizations would be scared to mistreat you and piss off your representation that also represents 75% of the market. Like we discussed before, it's a mafia/union situation with the amount of control he has over the industry.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Chadwell makes $350k at Coastal. It would've made so much more sense to hire him on the optimism angle, even at 10x his current salary, given that he's improved programs he's led. Same goes for Lance Leipold at Buffalo. Paying a $3.5m buyout for a coach whose record trajectory is unobjectively downwards, although the numbers are admittedly limited, is absolutely [uck fay]ing absurd. Why not pay $4mill/6years to one of these previously mentioned guys who have actually shown they can improve a team? You save the $3.5 million buyout and you get, more than likely, the same returns. Probably better.

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. InVolNerable

Danny White is a [ussy pay]. That's all I have to say on this matter.

12. InVolNerable

EB4Heisman or Gahlee, or whatever he goes by now, told me I was being irrational and dumb when I said Pruitt was a shit hire.

13. InVolNerable

The thing is - I don't hate Pruitt. I actually hate Fulmer more.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Those guys will have an opportunity much better than UT, assuming NCAA sanctions, soon. Or they didn't want to damper their future by taking on the mess of UT right now. Either way I don't blame them.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  15. Savage Orange

Pruitt put himself in disgrace by treating people like crap and cheating. Not only that, being incompetent not only at his actual job but his cheating as well. He deserves to be out that money.

16. Volsdude

I don't really care personally about him either or his financial status. I bet Jimmy Sexton does as it relates to his business and would want to stick it to us is what I was trying to say.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

At the very least, the vast majority of folks would’ve been behind it if he’d hired Chadwell

InVolNerable likes this.
  18. InVolNerable

I agree, but if I'm making $350k and have the opportunity to make $3500k+, I'm more than likely going to take it. Even with extenuating circumstances, it's a good enough raise that I would take my chances. Especially when at the very minimum $20 million is guaranteed. An amount decent enough that even if I were to [uck fay] this job up so monumentally I could never be employed again by anyone/anywhere/anytime - something Dooley, Butch, and apparently even Pruitt with news of the Jets stuff, didn't do - I could retire and leave my kids enough to not worry about working either.

Bottom line is that Danny White is a [ussy pay].

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    utvol0427 likes this.
  19. Savage Orange

I’m not sure he could stick it to us any worse than he already has for the past 15 plus years...

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He will get that eventually, regardless. Without having to deal with the repercussions of a dumbass cheating in the dumbest way possible