The"Victim" Party

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Jan 8, 2015.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

One of the best baseball games I ever watched ended 1-0

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Hell. Several of them.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Two things turned me off to baseball:

1) 1994. Nuff said.
    2) Gorilla ball. Watching guys swing for the fences every time at bat was boring. Homeruns for entertainment purposes are grossly overrated when you are seemingly getting 2-3 a game. Give me small ball any day of the week. Ichiro is one of my all time favorite players because of how he hits.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I was at the Marlins game when Stanton hit a line drive homerun that knock the scoreboard out. You can't beat that, in my opinion. I think I have a picture of it, I'll email it if I find it.

5. NorrisAlan

Of course that is exciting. If it is rare. But when your entire line up looks like the Hulk, and they all can do it, it becomes boring to me. Give me a good pitcher's duel and a hit-and-run any day of the week.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Another thing about baseball that has turned me off, I don't know if its just Marlins park or if its everywhere, but, I yelled at Todd Helton, Go Vols, Helton. He turned and smiled, but the security came over and told me to shut my mouth. Then he sent another security guy to my section and he stared me down for the rest of the game, like 8 innings. That was enjoyable. He told me, never, ever speak to a player during a game, ever.

7. NorrisAlan

LOL. I would tell him to **** off. Oh, and that park is horrible looking.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Its really nice if you don't watch the game, just walk around and look at stuff. Getting in and out of the stadium is crap.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

There was about a 5 year stretch where I never missed a game that Greg Maddux was pitching.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You'd love to watch my softball team. Our program's guiding principle is "Controlled Chaos".

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Wow. That sucks. I don't know if I could return after that.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

On the cal board there is a baseball hall of fame thread and one dude is arguing that jeff Kent was clean. Goodness

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

All the pitcher and batter stalking around, adjusting batting gloves dealing with rosin bags and crap has ended my viewership.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've never heard of such a thing. That's crazy.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Must just be Marlins park. The whole Marlins organization can kiss my rectum.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Only time I've heard a guy get on to at a mlb game was when he stayed dropping several f bombs and other such words.

17. NorrisAlan

This, too. The retightening of the batting gloves in between every. Single. Pitch.

Get in the box and hit the freaking ball.

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That is a product of the Marlins being run by the two biggest shitheads in sports.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

One of them made it on Survivor and was pretty proud of screwing Miami-Dade county tax payers out of hundreds on millions of dollars

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Not sure which one I hate worse. Loria at least is one of the most brilliant art investors in the world. Not sure Samson has any redeeming qualities except LeBatard likes him for some bizarre reason.