Things I Don't Care About in the Presidential Election

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

OK, as the endless political cycle commences (Which, in and of itself, is the most annoying part of the political process, to me. No way should we have it this long, but, I guess, people gotta get their money.), there are few recurring details that I find tedious and/or irrelevant to the entire process of choosing a president. Yet, like herpes, they emerge again and again every four years. Here are my five (And I could list more).

1. Used marijuana/cocaine in 1985. Are they using now? Are they going to start giving blow jobs to heads of state for crack? Then, I don't care. This goes for Obama experimenting in college or Bush getting a DUI in the mid-80s, or whenever it was. Irrelevant.

2. College paper/statements from their PoliSci 101 class. Great, they wrote some paper in their freshman year of college about whatever subject and they look like an idiot/racist/fill in the blank. Do people stop changing their mind or developing it at 18 years of age? No wonder people get platitudes of nonsense and banality from candidates because you aren't allowed to say one or two dumbass things in your life like any normal person.

3. Random Associates. I'm thinking specifically of the Bill Ayers episode, but it applies to anyone. Which people you associate with, know or just randomly meet count as being representative of what you believe? As in the case of Ayres, if I have a get together or two with someone 20 years ago and know them casually, what makes them my ideological inspiration or fellow traveler? It also reminds me of the accusations against MLK of being a communist because a couple of guys whom were acqainted with him and were suspected of being communists. What about the other 99% of his acquaintances who weren't suspected communists? Why weren't they influential, but these two guys were? It's just a stupid gotcha game and rarely means something (With some exceptions).

4. Church Affiliations (Unless Mormon or Scientologists. Kidding on the Mormon part, maybe). Unless their religious beliefs directly affect their policies, like some hard right social conservatives or a potential Muslim candidate who proposes shariah law, nothing is more phony and useless in politics than people's religious affiliations or beliefs. It's another stupid criteria required by idiots in American society that religion is, somehow, important in a candidate's qualification, which leads us to baloney like Obama becoming some professed pious Christian when it should be obvious that he's a secular humanist, agnostic, athiest, whatever. And, I could care less, much like it was found to be irrelevant with JFK. The only time I was truly concerned with religion in a candidate was Bush saying he felt "God chose him", which I found very scary. Otherwise, I didn't care, at all, that Romney was a Mormon. Hell, sacrifice chickens in the West Wing, don't care, just do your job.

5. Common Man Credentials. And, the finale, my ultimate pet peeve, the selling of yourself as a man of the people. Just to be short and sweet here, I don't give two ****s if you can drive a tractor or seem like a decent dude to have a beer with Friday night. Unless you are growing corn or coming out with me and my buddies, no shits will be given by me as to your Average Joe status. Here's a hint - You are running for president of the USA, I don't want someone average; I want someon exceptional.

So, that's my five. I'm sure we'll see all five endlessly over the next year and a half, but I will try and best to tune them out. I don't know how successful I will be.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Can't argue with that.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

My roommate is serving beer to the Clintons tonight. He's a Republican.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I could give two shits about their personal life.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Most of these things make me think of Obama. I try to remember that shit bags red flags.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah, Huffman the gentleman and intellectual.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is close to be potentially so much better of a story.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Are you saying Bill Clinton is one of The Gays????

9. CardinalVol

I'm saying he ain't.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He could have just said anything the "inbreds", "idiots", "fill in your put down questioning someone's intelligence here" said about Obama in the last two elections, and we would have gotten the point without tenny-esque keyboarding. I guess the common man thing was the throw off.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

When do we get to see Barry's real birth certificate? That's what I want to know.

12. CardinalVol

[​IMG]

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We all knew where it was going. There's plent to hate on Obama about without all the crazy shit.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, it's not like I threw a bunch of examples of Republicans to illustrate my point. This has nothing to do with ideology, as I said, it's stuff I give a rat's ass about hearing in regards to a political campaign.

And, Tenny just rambles. That wasn't rambling.

15. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

what if we just ban focus groups? or polling?

16. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

When will someone with an IQ over 50 care?

17. hatvol96

Give me Chris Christie v Julian Castro in the general and I would be the happiest man on the planet.

18. hatvol96

The quality of discourse goes up exponentially.

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't think you're going to be very happy.

20. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

and then there go the soundbytes. we're lost without them.