Third Saturday in October

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Oct 8, 2022.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I totally understand the sentiment. He’s not everyone’s cup of tea. I have probably been desensitized to his flaws after a decade of following his online schtick. I feel like I “get it” with him. Sometimes he pisses me off. Other days I like him. Huge asshole but can also be hysterical. Flawed dude but also has done a substantial amount of good charitable works through his platform. Plus, Portnoy is just one of like 30 different characters. And while obviously he is the company founder, there is a lot more to Barstool content than just the character Portnoy plays.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Watching highlights of the 2001 game because I couldn’t remember anything about it and I wonder what the Venn diagram of people who hated Casey Clausen and liked Jarret Guarantano looks like

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He's put in for UT the past few years, so my stance on him has varied a bit.

ole_orange likes this.
  5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Barstool and Portnoy have definitely embraced and encouraged the resurgence of Tennessee football. Believe Portnoy’s quote when they hosted Barstool Gameday from The Fort a few months ago: “Tennessee when they are good is the pinnacle of college football”. They’ve given UT tons of love and free publicity these past few years.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't need Dave Portnoy to tell me that.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Of course we don’t. However doesn’t hurt if the younger demographic of sports fans nationwide who engage with Barstool religiously hear it from him. Everyone deserves to hear the Gospel of Tennessee football.

I’ll also add: Barstool was the only-and I mean *only*-national sports media outlet that had the Vols back when Schiano Sunday went down.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
  8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Except for that fat ass Brandon Walker.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

In fairness the Brandon Walker Internet character ultimately hates everyone not named Mississippi State. He riles everyone up, especially anyone in the SEC. I actually think he does a good job overall being the main college football content guy over at Barstool.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

We don't. But it doesn't hurt for someone of his stature to broadcast it either. Especially with his Barstool Athletes NIL stuff, it isn't a negative to have him in our corner.

zehr27, justingroves and ole_orange like this.
  11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

This. Barstool having a crush on the University of Tennessee is a good thing. Whether people love Barstool or revile them, there’s no denying that they are a big ass deal amongst most sports fans who are in their early 30s or younger. Would be idiotic of our athletic department to not roll out the red carpet for them when they are in town and embrace Barstool’s popularity amongst young people like UT has been doing with that crew lately.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Barstool, Clay, it’s all entertaining to me, specifically how many people get so butthurt.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Brandon Walker is an annoying asshat

SetVol13 and InVolNerable like this.
  14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

He’s a lucky son of a gun for landing the role he has, that is for sure. Quirky dude. I see how his character doesn’t land with many. He does however give out decent college football betting advice typically.

Big Cat and PFT are my favorite Barstool personalities overall

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

16. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Just a reminder.

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain