This is not a good football team

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 9, 2017.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

We got past GT so my prediction of 5-7 is out the window probably, but I think we lose to SC again and Georgia. The only reason we lose next week is if we forgot what we did last year and how normal that Florida squad is. We aren't a very good team, but we at least have some good players. They look like the teams we were trotting out from '10-'13. Then Mizzou and UK are automatic.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Florida is terribly slow and unathletic without Calloway and Scarlet

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Good possibility we will be playing Florida in Neyland. What excuse will Butch have for losing at home to a crap Florida team? I'm sure it will be a beauty.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

you serious Clark?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This team is terribly coached, yet again.

I have no idea what this team is capable of. The defense is horrible. They refuse to put McKenzie and Tuttle on the field together, they continue to put Martin out there on defense and somehow can't get Jumper off the field.

Marquez Callaway has one catch yesterday. Terrible. You can say they weren't risking injury, but he was returning punts. Let Chandler do punt returns.

The no read read option is returning, unfortunately.

The qb race is over. Dormady is okay, not great. Guarantano looks lost.

The only thing they do on offense that makes any sense is how they force the ball to Kelly.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think either of the QBs we have could play on any team in the country from a talent perspective. If coached up and put in the right system, Dormady is an NFL talent.

The OL play has been terrible but I think that all goes back to coaching and the type of offense we run and not that we have bad players. I think the talent and ability is there. Really, it is across the board. We may not enough depth everywhere we like, but it's just sad that we've got the roster in a much better place but really aren't much better off than we are when Dooley was here.

7. Ssmiff

Dormady gets a little scared and throws off his back foot too much. Great release and pretty ball and our best option, but he's got to keep it 4-5 times a game and step up in the pocket when it's there.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've still not seen anything definitive about those guys. Will the suspension keep them out this weekend?

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Spent so much time preparing to play at the swamp. Having to all of a sudden change back to Neyland focus is a great, great challenge.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

My mother said we look just like last year, but without Dobbs to run us out of trouble. Sounds about right.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Dumb

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Pretty accurate assessment.

13. Ssmiff

And your post was brilliant

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Fixed

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Pretty damn astute.

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I went to bed thinking we lose to Florida.

Now I just don't know.

17. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I don't see them agreeing to that. It'll be moved to a later date or a nuetral site.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I don't believe it can be moved to later date.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not sure. It seems like a two game suspension would mean two games played

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not with Florida math.