Those that attended The Battle of Bristol

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 11, 2016.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Tech schools rarely have talent.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It was a fun day overall, the view from my seats were as bad as I expected, the atmosphere inside never felt like a college football game to me, pregame/tailgating atmosphere definitely felt like a big time college football game, it was incredibly unsettling when the bleachers that I was sitting in were visibly swaying . All that said, I'd never go back to the track for a football game.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is true. Also, Virginia Tech fans make Alabama/Auburn fans look like a classy bunch.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

More so than I expected. The offense and Debord were the biggest target, and several who sat around us and camped nearby connected it straight back to Lyle.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

VaTech is an atrocious school.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good thing he didn't touch you. I imagine it would have killed you.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Heather Taylor. Already married into a family of millionaires, but she's the kind of person if a genie offered her choice of magically curing every terminally ill child on the planet or a pack of gum, she'd very shortly be down at the hospital taunting kids with her new pack of Juicy Fruit.

8. NorrisAlan

Chanel 6 had their pregame show on before 8 and the stupid sports crew were suggesting they do this every year.

That is the worst idea ever. In fact, to ever have this game again would be the second worst idea ever.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think the sentiment of most, that I've heard, is that once was a great time but enough

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

No that is a POS human being.

11. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I had a fantastic experience. The sheer size of the thing was pretty incredible. Generally the views along sidelines seemed fine while the ends were just too far away. I was given one of the battlefield seats. It was a $400 face ticket and you couldn't see a thing.

Agree this was a one time thing. The next one would flop unless it was, say, ohio st. But obviously a home and home would be much preferred.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I told my father-in-law that I could see a game against Ohio State there. Hell, it wouldn't even have to be Tennessee playing them. I'd bet an Alabama-Ohio State game would have a crowd just as large as last night. I think now that they've pulled it off once, it will happen again.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Should have asked him if he's still scared of me.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

A friend of mine from 7th and 8th grade apparently died in Bristol after the game. Surreal.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that. What happened?

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Damn, what happened?

17. NorrisAlan

Sorry to hear that BPV.

18. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Sad news. Sorry to hear that.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Of the old Dobyns-Taylor store family?

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You want a spectacle? Go watch a race there. Can't hear the person next to you even if they are yelling at the top of their lungs under green flags.