TN OC Hire

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

These are my thoughts exactly. I think the defense will still be pretty bad next season and unless we seriously upgrade the offense we aren’t going to improve a hell of a lot from last year.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Enos wouldn’t have the clout to make us avoid announcing him until after the playoffs. We’ve got early signing day to worry about.

3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

FSU rivals mod thinks they have Briles.

Is it Freddie Kitchens or bust at this point? Good lord.

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I think the defense looked bad at times in large part because the offense kept them on the field for so long... if we had an offense that could consistently string together drives it would go a long way towards improving the defense also.

5. Savage Orange

Then......

Bust.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I honestly can't think of a single person we could hire as OC that would prevent us from making an immediate announcement. When I hear that a higher has been made and we have to sit on it for a couple weeks, I hear that we haven't hired shit.

Okibi2112 and justingroves like this.
  7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

When you hear that a hire has been made, just realize it's coming from the same people that have been full of shit for decades. There is no hire in place. How many times are you gonna let some talking head in Knoxville fool you?

kmf600 likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Butch didn't have a QB coach. Maybe Pruitt is saying "hold my beer" and going to go without an OC.

utvol0427 likes this.
  9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

With the rocky end to the season, recruits we felt good about committing elsewhere, and this endless OC search, I’m starting to wonder if the wheels are falling off.

10. Savage Orange

Fixed.

11. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Update on 247

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hahaha

13. Savage Orange

Go on...

14. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I don’t have a subscription.

15. Savage Orange

Neither do I...

16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Briles, UCF Guy, OK St Guy.

Offer will be made tonight.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

An offer could be made as soon as tonight. Article mentioned that Briles to FSU is likely and goes pretty in depth on Lebby. Not sure who the hire is gonna be.

18. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Sure sounds like we're waiting to get a no from Briles then offering that UCF Guy

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They seem to think no one has officially been offered. However, Pruitt will officially extend an offer to Briles, Yurcich, or Lebby. They also seem to think FSU is going to get Briles.

Yurcich would be plenty good. They hire Lebby and you can go ahead and start spitballing HC replacement options.

20. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Why would Briles pick FSU over us ? And I’m trying not to be biased but our situation is much better. Taggart is getting fired next year.