Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Basketball gets me going right now. Im up and down all game

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I kicked a flag back at an official during intramurals

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Angriest I've ever been re: UT sporting events, in no particular order

LSU 2010
    Music City Bowl 2010
    2000 Sweet 16 game against UNC
    1996 Memphis State
    2001 SEC Title game
    2002 Arkansas
    2015 Oklahoma
    2014 Florida
    2004 SEC Title game
    2005 Georgia game when we punted with 5ish minutes left in game
    2006 "blow to the head call" against Florida
    2016 Vandy

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've never been that excitable during a basketball game.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

From hickory hill area of memphis and no cable tv. We didnt watch the vols. Hardly knew they existed until I was looking at colleges. It was all memphis state hoops, so its rooted like football is to others.

6. CardinalVol

Also not mad, but I was bummed when we got a hit against South Carolina in the bottom of the 9th in 2001, because the SC pitcher was 3 outs from a perfect game and at that point I was cheering for him.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I remember being QB for my intramural team and getting pissed off at the fraternity we were playing that treated it like the Third Saturday in October. After one 4th down incompletion. I let out a torrent of obscenities which shocked the sorority girls on the sideline to expressions of surprise as if I pulled my shorts down right on the field.

8. CardinalVol

Same, except softball. Could have killed an ump and our left center fielder my sophomore year.

9. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Mrs. Smiff says that’s a lie.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I got kicked out of a bar that night on Broadway. At least, I think I did.

CardinalVol likes this.
  11. Unimane

I, too, get more jacked at the basketball games, mostly because I understand and know the sport a lot more than football. So, I pick at every detail and see a lot more mistakes than in football. I still yell a shit ton at both, though.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I got thrown out of a coed intramural soccer game for recruiting a high school Hispanic kid to our team during halftime. That was practicing soccer with his dad at the fields we were playing on.

The kid immediately went through the defense and scored in like 10 seconds. After we had been shutout during the first half.

I don’t like soccer but all my friends were playing on the team, so I was the “coach”. Which meant I went to the games drunk and watched from the sideline.

This game was on the night of our Halloween house party. So I was on the field drunk dressed like Johnny Deep from Blow. Cussing out the refs and calling them racist for wanting to see the kids student ID after scoring the goal.

Unimane and CardinalVol like this.
  13. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I coached a sorority flag football team at UT, good times!

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I can barely do it now

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That 05 UGA was bad for me. I punched a Tennessee fan, didn't get kicked out for it then left when the punt team came on the field late.

The guy I punched was a drunk jackass. He called Jason Allen a [ussy pay] then spilled his drink on a guy with two kids. The guy politely told him to settle down, drunk throws popcorn on him and says "you gonna make me?"

I told him I would and he started walking towards me. I laid his ass out.

hohenfelsvol and Volst53 like this.
  16. CardinalVol

I dare you to do that again when I'm sober.

17. CardinalVol

I got called in for fill in duty one night for this (I was deemed too intense normally) and ended up having to take a girl to the ER because of what ended up being a torn ligament in knee.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jemere Hendrix played softball with us, he had a glove from the T-Rec. He went to catch a line drive and it broke the glove, he cussed for a solid 3 minutes

19. Unimane

I always wonder how many windows were busted in the parking lot behind the turf fields. I saw a few guys pop one over the fence.

20. CardinalVol

My sophomore year, despite a couple of guys who were terrible, we had a damn good team. We had a friend of our athletics chair at UT who also was good enough to play in the Smoky Mtn Classic with us. Me being me, I had a ringer bat at home for summer my parents brought me before our last game (this was before and might be the reason they started having issued bats) . The ringer looks at me, eyes get big, and asked if he could use it. I say sure. First pitch he sees damn near nearly went on top of PIKE's roof. He got walked the rest of the night.

We end up losing to the team that won it in the playoffs because our normal left center fielder went home a day early for Easter break and the other team was good enough to keep hitting it to the two weakest outfielders.

justingroves likes this.