POLITICS Trump’s SCOTUS Pick

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 9, 2018.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Marginalized and demonized? By who? Other than Muslims, of course.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I dont know a single person, not one, who has a problem with gay people. My father, who is deeply religious and as hard headed a right-winger you'd ever meet, doesnt give one shit.

Other than crazy Muslims and nutty Christians, does anyone pay attention to gays?

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Well, in regards to your second part, yes, I do. Or, I thought I did.

But since your religious, right wing dad doesn’t care, I assume everything is now hunky dory.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It wasn't until just 25 years ago that you could go to prison if you were discovered to be gay in the military.

Sodomy laws were common throughout the USA.

Violence against those that are gay is very common.

We have an expert on this board that I am sure can deal with this fat better than I can, but it was not that long ago that being a homo sexual was something you hid for fear of social exile or even outright fear for your life.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I’m interested in this; so you, as a Christian, do not mind laws that enable sin?

Assuming that Christianity finds being gay to be a sin. It seems like there are so many flavors these days, who knows.

7. NorrisAlan

And, I want full disclosure on this, and am not afraid of this confession:

I was quite the homophobe when I was a young man in my teens. Being raised in the church, you are told that they are an abomination to the eyes of God. I didn't want anything to do with them or be near them.

And even to this day, when I see two men kiss, my stomach does a little tiny jump. I am not going to lie. But it quickly passes, and it is lessening every day. For some odd reason, the same as nearly every other straight man I know, two women kissing is not only not a problem, but a hell of a turn on. Go figure.

BUT, because I can, I have changed, and continue to change. And that is just in my lifetime. So to say that gays have not been marginalized or demonized in this country is saying a lot.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

God is a mumbler. That's established in the old testament. Leads to confusion.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

To say they haven't is willfull self deception. I too was socially programmed to recoil and be horrified by gay men. And that's all it is. Social programming. They're not doing anything hurtful by being gay.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’ve never understood the gay bashing by the church.

I guess voicing the same condemnation against adulterous and whatnot would step on too many toes.

Also I don’t see gay marriage getting overturned.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I would fall under this category too.

I’m glad (and hopeful) that society has evolved to the point where my (future) children, or children of this generation, will grow up with a different point of view.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

People still say stop being gay, or insert any gay slur.

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I mean god murdered an entire city of people for being gay and doing it in the butt. It's pretty clear he's not a fan. One of the many stories in the Bible that led me away from religion.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Two I think. Or was the other for being Vegas?

15. NorrisAlan

Gomorrah were all Bama fans. So that I can understand.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Well, I don’t like any gay people who insist that fat, middle-aged and hetero men aren’t the most prized targets in their communities.

Playing all hard to get and shit.

GahLee likes this.
  17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

My ass.

18. NorrisAlan

Try relaxing more.

Tenacious D likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nyy isn't. You shit bigger than that all the time