POLITICS Trump’s SCOTUS Pick

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 9, 2018.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think that is the best and most original concept that a government can employ. And yet the people don't.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What is interesting is that a separation of Church and State is a safeguard for those that want Christian laws as well. It keeps me from getting the 5 Precepts of Buddhism put in place as Law which I am sure they would be aghast at having.

Volst53 likes this.
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

But they’ll never accept this

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's a line in the bible that talks about Godly Christian people probably aren't cut out for politics. I'm paraphrasing but that's the gist of it.

You can't legislate morality.

5. fl0at_

Beautifully said.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Don't rape, don't kill, don't steal and tell the truth. You follow those 4 basic laws of life, regardless of your views on religion, your sexual preference, your skin color or your class in life, you'll be a decent person and you'll live a good life. That's my belief, at least.

kmf600 and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. chef65

chef65 Contributor

They know you and your ilk would never generate the support necessary to do something like that. Conservative Christians believe in their ability to maintain a pseudotheocracy and rightfully so, they are far and away the most reliable voting bloc in this country.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Thank you.

I get really aggravated talking about this with most people, because you've got people quoting scripture or you've got people telling you you're stupid for believing in fairy tales.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

"There's a line in the bible..." seems close to quoting scripture. Paraphrasing scripture I guess.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Thanks guys. I am now getting, on the same page, date Arab women and all-gay Atlantis Cruises.

11. fl0at_

Win win to me.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You got me

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's all I ever really wanted.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It would be nice if everyone followed those basic principles.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

At least one conservative Christian (me) has always felt strange about trying to encourage (enforce?) Christian ideals legislatively.
    I’m not an expert on Roman law, but I’m willing to wager there was a lot than ran counter to Jesus’ teaching, and yet I read very little (nothing at all) in the scriptures about Him trying to change Roman law.
    I believe He changes people, and that’s what too many conservative Christians have forgotten

A-Smith likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The recent Presidents shooting 75% are the most hated, but the current one and past ones shooting perhaps 50% are most loved. Go figure.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Who shot 75%?

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Charles Hathaway

zehr27 likes this.
  19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Im not a Christian.

20. fl0at_