POLITICS Trump Ending Birthright Citizenship?

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Nov 1, 2018.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's stop right there.

He sabotaged it himself from the get go. He has both houses and absolute power to do whatever he wanted and instead decided he'd let everyone have a say, GOP, businesses, everyone. Not enough people wanted to go on record for his plan as he presented it and he let it be watered down because he'd rather have passed something than putting together something that actually made sense.

This was doomed from the get go, not because of states and Trump.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If Dems were smart enough to tell the fringe left to shut up and come back to the middle, they'd be in power in the US for the rest of my lifetime. Then again, same could be said of GOP as well. First party to realize this wins.

Poppa T and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I heard someone mention the "exhausted majority" the other day. And the first party or even a new party that can cater to this exhausted middle will really run away with things.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Neither Dems or Republicans will let that happen, though it’s needed.

Americans love clinging to their party and pointing the finger at the other, but they’ve both had shared control of this thing for 150+ years. If people don’t like where we’re at, that’s fine, but both red and blue played an equal part in getting us here.

NorrisAlan and CardinalVol like this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t know who these people have advising them, I guess they’re the same ones that think 10,000 negative ads a day on tv do anything except frustrate and burn people out