TV news reporter & cameraman killed during live broadcast

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Aug 26, 2015.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I do feel like the guillotine was a more compassionate method for killing than it gets credit for. I'd take the guillotine over the electric chair every day of the week.

2. kidbourbon

[video=youtube;lfsMMVgIToA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfsMMVgIToA[/video]

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't think it is becoming more evil. There has been a whole lot of ****ed up shit that has happened over the course of history.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Best time to live in human history

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

violent crime per 1,000 is down to 1960s levels.

6. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Maybe, but let's pull out the type of violence like this one, and compare them. My money says those are up.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The brain remains conscious for up to 30 seconds after the head is cleanly severed. No thanks.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not sure if that's true either. If you are a black person, I am pretty sure it's as good as it has ever been in America(which is really screwed up if you think about it). Probably the best it's been for everyone. This is a nation of 300 MILLION people.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Evil has existed as long as man, but it's presence is stronger and strengthening.

10. kidbourbon

I think it's actually just like 5 or 6 seconds.

ETA: and by getting the guillotine you'd get to find out, and knowledge is power. Added benefit.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I'll avoid it forever. Without selecting a link to see it, I doubt it'll casually be woven into pop culture.

I get the compulsion to click on shit like this, but you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. Watched my best friend get shot squarely in the face from 5 feet away when I was a teen...I've seen enough. This is just sad, and a shame that curiosity will lead people to see things that change them forever, and for the worst.

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Meh, you don't see scaphism or Spanish donkeys anymore. That type of shit is way more evil than anything today.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Damn, man. That's awful

14. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I had thought YouTube had the actual shooting removed. Good Lord. I wanted to see his video just to see how he approached them and how far away he was, but it showed the actual shooting. I literally threw my phone down, but could still hear shots and screaming. The lady that survived will have nightmares forever.

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I don't think that the world is necessarily more (or less) evil than it always has been but now that every Tom, Richard and Harry has a camera phone and social media account(s) we get to see more of it in our faces, whether we want to or not... Even if we don't click on the videos, we're still confronted with news stories, Internet chatter, etc. there's no escape.

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Sorry to hear, my best friend and his mom were murdered by his step-father, couldn't imagine witnessing though.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is where we are. Even if violence is down 75% (just made up by me), but you can see the other 25% for 90% of the time, it might seem like it is way up.

The odds of this happening to you is so small as to be zero, but it does happen and we see it in all of its gory detail.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And my condolences to JT and Gahlee. I have lead a rather mundane life and have not had to go through anything like that, and I am grateful for it. I couldn't imagine actually seeing it happen to my friend.

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Appreciate that.

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Men were more violent and vicious then, we are supposedly more civilized now. The choice of violent action is much more against the norm, which is more evil.