TV news reporter & cameraman killed during live broadcast

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Quote from the shooters manifesto today: “As for Dylann Roof? You (deleted)! You want a race war (deleted)? BRING IT THEN YOU WHITE …(deleted)!!!” He said Jehovah spoke to him, telling him to act.

This guy is a racist. This was a hate crime. He killed two inviduals in response to the shooting in Charleston. Shall we ban the black panther flag now?

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I really wish we could get to Dr. Kings dream where skin doesn't matter and this ******* could just be another crazy ******* like the guy that shot up the church, instead of all the bullshit that goes with it.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Why, is it flying above a state capitol or on federal grounds? And, why would the Black Panther flag be in any way equivalent to the Confederate flag?

4. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

The narrative by the press will say he was only a disgruntled employee rather a saying he killed two white people that was racially motivated.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Anyone that believes their single action is going to spark a race war is clearly insane.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I watched the video, I wish I hadn't. I just don't have the words.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Probably shouldn't speak with Jehovah. JMO

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, duh. The next person who does would be the first, IMO.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Yes it should be banned from flying on publicly funded buildings and properties.

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

This world is becoming increasingly more evil. If Armageddon is over the horizon, it will not surprise me. Lord make it so.

12. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I think that's part of the reason my 'disturbed-ometer' registered at such unprecedented levels. It was just so close, and like intimate. And those tweets. Man.

I definitely feel like he wasn't terribly confident in his EEOC complaint.

13. kidbourbon

Different strokes, I guess. I think I'd always opt to see it for myself even if I know it's going to be highly disturbing.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Agreed.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

It will always matter to some on both ends.

16. kidbourbon

I agree.

It doesn't piss me off that the headlines today read "reporter and cameraman shot" instead of "white reporter and cameraman shot." In fact, thats' the way it should be. But it does piss me off that I have to notice that "white" wasn't in those headlines because I live in a world where it's gonna say this: http://news.yahoo.com/white-texas-officer-shoots-dead-unarmed-black-college-000132638.html

[video=youtube;I3cGfrExozQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cGfrExozQ[/video]

17. kidbourbon

The EEOC complaint before publicly murdering his two colleagues after being fired means that he was just the worst human being who has ever walked the Earth. I can't stand entitlement and blaming things on others.

If you suck real bad at life, there are, by my estimation, three distinct directions you can go with that information. You can:
    1) Try to improve in the ways that you suck, or find some other things that you don't suck at so bad, and focus on those instead.
    2) Become massively depressed and stuck in your own headspace to the point where you no longer have the confidence or will to try anything new or take any chances. You pretty much give up on life and just wait things out till your body runs its course.
    3) You blame it all on others.

Options 1 guy is great and commendable. He's resilient. He's a survivor and a winner. I'd have a beer with him.
    Option 2 guy I empathize with. I don't wanna have a meaningful relationship with him, but I know he's not evil and i wish him the best and hope he transforms into option 1 guy.
    Option 3 guy I'd like to kick and punch right square in the ****. And not softly. Funk that guy. He's the worst.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I disagree. The world is much better than it used to be, but information is waaaayyyy more accessible in the modern age than in time in which they used rape and pillage entire cities, then sell off all the survivors into slavery.

19. kidbourbon

I would also agree that the world is way better now than it used to be. They don't call it "getting medieval" when you bake a pumpkin pie for your new neighbor.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I agree. Much rather be alive today than 200+ years ago, and antiquity was full of awfulness.