U$C..eff it let's talk about Dooley v Kiffin again.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Volguy1971, Sep 8, 2013.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I like how you present hypotheticals as fact while simultaneously criticizing my summations of the recruiting trends as pure speculation. The prevailing sentiment among UGA and UT fans was that Da'Rick was gone when we offered his crappy foster brother quarterback. He'd been rumored to have been souring on Georgia for awhile and they were already starting the obligatory "bad attitude, overrated, soft, don't want him" threads.

2. Who cares if Kiffin recruited some of this slaw ass team. He's shown he cannot coach. Got his sorry ass locked in a shed last night and he couldn't call daddy this time.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Again, he's another guy piggybacked off Kiffin. Dooley likely passes him up for some two star Fulton loser if he doesn't see early interest and an easy path to a commitment there.

4. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Three of our four starters in the secondary are people TJ recruited. Depth on the other hand is a different story.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Secondary recruiting might have been the biggest area of failure of all for Dooley. He had three years to pass up freaking Marsalis Teague and couldn't do it.

6. g8terh8ter_eric

UGA would have signed Rogers. I'll give credit to Kiffin for not offering Nance to get Rogers, which didn't happen, IIRC, until Dooley took over and saw it as a possibility.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How many guys are on the team at DB that he didn't recruit? What's the hit-miss percentage at that position? Can't be above 30%.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

So Kiffin gets credit for anybody he talked to while here? I guess we can blame Kiffin for Worley then.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

10. We need to stop judging coaches on their team's performances but rather speculative recruiting gets.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The nance visit was set up prior to Kiffin's departure.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...ship-main-reason-darick-rogers-now-with-vols/

12. g8terh8ter_eric

Garza's percentage was lower. Everyone of his players either left or got kicked off, save Eric Gordon, which never materialized into a whole lot. When Jaron Toney passes you on the depth chart, you suck something fierce.

13. g8terh8ter_eric

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I didn't say he got credit. He's proven to be a better recruiter than Dooley and Dooley has proven to be a tremendous flop. The vast majority of good players Dooley signed were initially interested in the Vols because of Kiffin, further highlighting how bad his recruiting sucks. Hence, I believe my statement that few more years with Kiffin would have left our successor in a better position than Butch Jones inherited to be true.

15. hatvol96

So? They could actually play. Mike Edwards was better than any of the shit Dooley recruited in the secondary.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Read my fingers: Dooley can't recruit and his biggest gets were the result of huge assists from Kiffin.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Okay, my bad. I agree with all of that.

18. g8terh8ter_eric

You think Mike Edwards is better than Coleman, McNeil, or Randolph?

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Coleman certainly isn't appreciably better as a junior than Edwards was as a frosh.

20. hatvol96

Yes. Those guys are special teams players on a real roster.