Umass

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 21, 2017.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Is going to come into Neyland and rip out the soul of Butch Jones!! They will end the career of the platitude monster!!!!

One can hope right?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ew, that'd be nasty. I'm not hoping for that.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Nothing good can happen for him with UMASS. If he wins 70-0, it was expected, and simply a matter of out-talenting them, but not a reflection of good coaching. If he struggles early, there will be boos. If we win by 20, people will further pile on about his inability to impose our will on inferior opponent.

I'm beginning to think a Georgia loss could truly be the end for him, and we finish the final 7 games with an interim.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

No

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's already mentioned they're better than their 0-4 record and they have an nfl qb

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm surprised most of you guys don't want a loss here because that would be the end of Butch that you desire and on the way to a new coach immediately vs next year. Lose a battle to win a war, so to speak.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His losses will come, there's no need to wish for them.

8. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Motherlicker I do want a loss!!!! Bring it on!!!!!!

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I want a loss against UMASS. I'll go on record. It's one event that could force Currie's hand quickly.

And I was cheering hard for a win against Florida. Better to lose now to non-rivals than to have to hope Vandy or Kentucky puts him out of his misery. I can't root for the Wildcats.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Hawaii, Coastal, Old Dominion, and Temple.

Brutal stretch.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The Wyoming loss still stings. I don't want a Umass loss

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The Wyoming loss doesn't sting me a bit. Barely did at the time. Losing every year to Georgia, Florida,and Alabama did and does.

14. NorrisAlan

Yeah, that Wyoming loss was almost expected after the previous weak and Fulmer getting canned.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Is it bad that I'd consider taking a loss if it meant Butch was gone first thing Monday morning? As long as Butch is still on the sideline, my tickets are going to waste every week. If he were to lose and be fired immediately, I wouldn't miss a home game the rest of the year.

Quite the dilemma.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

that game felt like a funeral. i thought it was time for fulmer to go but that wasn't enjoyable at all.

17. NorrisAlan

Don't even need a loss. The fact the line is UT -27 or so is damning enough. Let UMASS just play it close and the rumblings will be loud and powerful.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I was sad for Fulmer, but the game itself didn't cost me any sleep.

If Butch were to lose such a game, the funeral feeling would be more like how I felt when they dropped UBL over the Indian Ocean.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I've never hated Butch as much as you guys. That's made me a "lover" at times but whatever. It's just never been how I was wired. My best friends going back to our freshman year with no AC in Hess hall absolutely despise him and end up yelling at me during the florida game like I had anything to do with it. That said, I hope we lose to UMass. Then its over and we can move toward winning now rather than dealing with the same tiresome shit in regards to the football program, have some good names in the mix and hopefully make a hire that will hang onto and improve the current recruiting class, before more misery makes them start bolting. The players are pretty tight and Butch has done a really good job from in and out from the depths of where we were and that really shouldn't be discounted.
    Keep the team that's close knit and get someone that can coach them up to not look like they are overthinking every step they take, keep a recruiting class, interim coach, Stoops or Kelly named in December would be a fun ride.
    I can also understand that rooting for a loss can be construed as pathetic. **** it.

20. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Welcome to the dark side of the moon