UT Asst. Coach: Barnes isn't traveling to recruit

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Dec 21, 2016.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I've been impressed so far with what I've seen on the court. Enough so that I'll wait and see about the recruiting stuff.

Last night was very nice win. That was not easy.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Yeah, there's a lot of talent there. If Fulkerson fills out and develops the team two years from now could go on a very deep run. They can beat anyone in the SEC this year... just not sure they consistently win with inexperience they have.

Was at the game last night. Forbes has done a good job with ETSU. Mostella played great down the stretch.

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Barnes publicly lamented the announced retirement of Dave Hart. That's all you need to know.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That's pretty much where I'm at. If there were 5 empty schollys upcoming I'd be more concerned

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Still need more depth down low.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's making millions a year. I expect him to work hard. Any and all results from this point forward that aren't National Championships will just be a disappointment as we aren't doing as well as what we could be doing.

7. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

where's hat been?

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Left the planet when Trump got elected.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Left for China or something

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Bangkok

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I think hat was pretty clear he was checking out for awhile. I live in the belly of the beast, so I'm envious.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Phuket

13. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I think Barnes is burned out from pursuing 1 and done players after all the years at Texas. They're great to have but they're only in the program for a year so it's hard to build continuity. I think Barnes wants 4 year guys with high upside but need coaching up. If you can manage to add a 1 and done to a veteran squad you have a good chance to go far in the dance.