UT currently #7 in 2018 recruiting

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by dc4utvols, Jun 21, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I mean, Auburn uses the chaplain as a bag man

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm trying to remember a time in my life sans 2004 when Auburn was good and didn't have the NCAA snooping aroung shortly thereafter.

3. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I have always disliked Alabama. Auburn I have always respected especially when Dye was the coach. When you look up the word cheater that big red A is next to the definition.

Bryant got away with it but didn't teach his disciples so well. Danny Ford and Jackie Sherrill come to mind.

But my move from dislike to hate for Bama came from when I attended college. Every single Bammer fan I encountered was an obnoxious sh*t when it came to football. Also I think only one or two were even from Alabama or had ties to the school. The rest were native TNs. Thats like an American pulling for Germany during WW2.

Then take Satans first title at the crapstone. The year before they had bookgate and Bama was on probation ( years worth of sanctions for multitudes of infractions and all slaps on the wrist.) Convenient for them the NCAA drug their feet until the prior probation ended and then put them back on probation. Think of that, the NC that year was on probation and if punishment had been timely would probably not have been allowed in that game.

No if they never win a game again I would rejoice.

I have never held any other SEC team in such contempt although I hated Fla when Spurrier was there but that was a combo of him and the school. I didnt hate him at SC and I havent hated Fla since he left. I might pull for Fla in a bowl game but I am always pulling for whoever is playing bama.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

5. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

As for the barn cheating well when bama gets caught they get a mild slap on the wrist but the barn takes a beating from a switch on their bare bottom until the flesh falls off. The only time I remember the barn getting away with it was $cam and they exploited a loophole.

6. RockyHill

Your problem is looking for the NCAA snooping. Bama has a way with their enemies getting in trouble and not having much trouble themselves (at least when they're good). I don't know how that's so hard to see.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's Alabama's fault Hugh Freeze is a piece of shit?

If Alabama had that much sway, don't you think the Plains would have burnt over Cam Newton?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, it is damn near spot on. I do worry about how the ladies have been treating him, with that analogy being what came to his mind.

9. RockyHill

I think Ole Miss wasn't real sly in their methods. The NCAA would've burnt Auburn if they had what it took, they didn't.

10. RockyHill

It just isn't. I don't want to have to write an essay on it though.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not many essays written at auburn, I suppose.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's see how badly ole miss actually gets burnt. I dont believe the NCAA has the balls to seriously punish them. It'll be symbolic

13. CardinalVol

Phil Fulmer also laughs at this statement.

14. CardinalVol

Disagree - NCAA is about to punish them for their mistakes and UNC's.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Auburn is worse. At least Alabama has contributed something to college football. As soon as Auburn sucks again, everyone in and around then will claim they are just strengthening academics. Like they said in the early 2000s.

16. RockyHill

There would at least be reasonable basis for academics comments from Vandy or UF. There is no basis for it from UT.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So weird how it seems like you hear more negative talk about Auburn than Bama.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Sorry to go off topic, but we're currently 5th.

19. RockyHill

I don't follow recruiting. What's the deal here? Is the thought that these recruits don't care if Butch gets fired? I mean I can see how they'd commit and only decommitt if there's a new hire they don't like, but you'd think recruiting would be in the dumps right now.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Steve Spurrier agrees