UT-Mercer: March 19th

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Ha!! I am the first one to post about this epic match up. I know you are jealous.

Anyway, I know there are dozens of family members who will be at the arena on Tuesday night, so I expect an inspired performance. I could give a shit, right now. However, by Tuesday, I can probably convince myself that I should be happy to have some more UT basketball before it goes away for 8 months and have some interest in it.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Missing the tournament and getting a 2 seed in the NIT. Like 2 malicious kicks in the scrotum, one for each testicle.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

getting the 2 seed in the NIT doesn't bother me nearly as much as playing in the NIT does.

4. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

Mercer isn't bad. They are just up the road from me. I actually met the team and coach. They came on base to give away tickets for the season. Really nice guys were really eager to get people to come see them play.

Wonder if they will play or is missing the big dance going to be bad on the performance.

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Best way to make a statement --- win the Tourney.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Hard to make a statement when nobody cares. The best way to make a statement is to start playing well at the beginning of the season next year, instead of waiting until February.

7. Unimane

If we cn get by the apathy of the first few rounds, the allure of playing in the Garden might bring forth some quality play.

8. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Some fans may have thrown in the towel/not care, but you can bet the players still care. They want to go out on a positive note, here's their chance plus they can ride the mo in recruiting as well as into the '13-'14 season.

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Thinking the crowd could be pretty thin tonight.

Because the game is apparently March 20. Hm.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Should go Rocky Top League and play it at Bearden. Might get a half full gym then.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was thinking the Cal Johnson Rec Center

12. CardinalVol

We may very well lose by 30 tomorrow night, but for a few minutes I've got to laugh at UK. Wow.

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Bob Morris, who knew?

14. Unimane

Be honest, once you saw that UK was going there to play, you knew they were done, right? I thought so. However, I am legitimately happy for a no-name school like Robert Morris to have a moment like that. Good for them.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thought the game was tonight because of the thread title. Unimane, we are now enemies.

16. CardinalVol

I thought they'd goof around for 30 minutes and then just out-talent them in the last 10 minutes and win by 6-8.

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Quite the contrary.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Same, except I also thought the US-Costa Rica game was tonight, but it's titled correctly.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That class is littered with bums and dummies.

20. Unimane

I prostrate myself before you and beg forgiveness of you for my many sins. No, seriously, I think my getting the date wrong is apropos for my level of give-a-shitability for this contest.