UT-Mercer: March 19th

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Mar 17, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

A I dreaming that we had a competent half court offense at the end of last season? I seem to recall actually being excited about our ability to execute in the half court on a regular basis.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If Knight was a horse, he'd be put down by now. He seems completely lost.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yeah i'm just not getting worked up over this

4. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Why be mad about this game? I mean come on, we all knew how this was going to go.

And what's sad is I kinda hoped they would lose so they wouldn't have to spend spring break in Utah.

5. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

McRae going off during the winning streak didn't hide the problems I saw all year. And this makes 2 games in a row where CM has had his ass handed to him.

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Nah, I don't think it really factors in at all.

I don't have any expertise, so I blindly hope Cuonzo works out. Seeing respected, non-Pearlophile opinions that are less than optimistic is a bit worrying.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  7. Unimane

Perhaps it's just my competitive nature, but I've never stepped onto the court and not busted my ass or was indifferent to winning.

8. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Mercer. We got beat by MTSU last year and Mercer this year. This team had no motivation. It's depressing. Oh well. Another long off season. I hate this time of year.

9. Unimane

I officially have more hope for Butch Jones than Cuonzo Martin.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You're hurting recruiting.

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Mostly unrelated, does Long Beach State always lose by 40+ in the postseason? Down 30 to Baylor with plenty of time to go.

12. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Gregg Marshall and Lon Kruger are still playing. So is Mark Turgeon.

13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It has been mentioned before, but if Martin does not win here I cringe at the thought of Dave Hart making a basketball hire. Hopefully we will be rid of him if that time arrives.

14. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I get it. But I'm not calling him a loser, or a clown, or that I want him dead, or that I hope he fails in life. 'Tis a difference in discussing schemes, etc, and making it personal, imo.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Eh, I'm an "If the shoe fits" kinda guy.