UT played Louisville weeks ago and the 8th is still arguing about it

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Williams and Schofield take some really bad shots. They take a lot of good shots too, and I will absolutely take the good with the bad, but with better shot selection (mostly thinking of post up shots where they can’t get free of the defender and shoot anyways), they could get even better.

Louisville gave us their best game for 35 minutes or so and it was tied. Then they fell apart a little, we got a fortuitous call or two, and we broke it open. This is a damn good team. We’re going to be tested by Kansas tomorrow though.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ks much bigger i think. Gonna be hard to get some shots off in the paint tomorrow

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

2nd half Kansas looked
    Best defender and rebounder is very foul prone. Be interesting to see if hes able to stay on the floor.

4. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I disagree on him being a spot up shooter. He’s one of the few players that can create his own shot. I don’t trust Bowden to run the point once we hit conference play

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. Get Schofield in foul trouble.
    2. Double Williams while role players stand around.
    3. Beat TN by 10.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

The standing around comment in #2 doesnt really fit this team. I dont see guys half-assing it while iso'ing williams. Hes definitely the centerpiece, but everyone is moving without the ball, 4 or 5 guys are touching it per posession. If youre going to double, theyll swing it around to the open man.

But Id agree that Kansas can beat UT by 10.

7. Ssmiff

Its called spotting up and nothing a shooter likes more than a feed from the post for an open shot in rhythm.

8. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

#2 would leave open guys on the perimeter. It’d come down to making shots

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Louisville just beat #9 Michigan State

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That’s helpful

11. Ssmiff

Mich st must not have beilieved that could win the game

dknash likes this.
  12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You are a [uck fay]ing idiot.

13. Ssmiff

Says the guy with a Nazi coffee table book who wonders why he has no Jewish friends.

14. Unimane

Another stupid argument you didn't understand.

15. Ssmiff

You are an overreactor with the composure of Bowden with the ball.

16. Unimane

Ironic that you would use a metaphor which justifies my observations.

17. Ssmiff

Im not the dolt that said bone, Lamont, grant and admiral didnt believe they could beat kansas.

18. Unimane

Actually, I said that Williams was about the only one who seemed to be able and Bone, point blank, said the team couldn't handle the environment. They played afraid to lose, not confident, etc. and it was obvious to people but you. The part which really shows your foolishness is any criticism is taken as "overreaction" instead of reality.

19. Ssmiff

we were up 2 with the ball in Grant's hands with a minute left as he was backing down his defender. Ks finished the game. We didn't. Happens to one team every game played that's tight at the end. Do you watch other games? Nightly, teams with leads don't finish as the more loose team with nothing to lose finishes strong and hits shots. I doubt you do, or you wouldn't act like a [uck fay]ing idiot everytime one of your teams loses.

You have continued deflect from your dumbass statement about the team not believing they could win, trying to flip it on me. Its ridiculous. You switch to didn't handle the environment, didn't finish strong, etc, which is accurate, but its a continued deflection from your overreacting, crybaby, "the team didn't believe they could win", Barnes did this at Texas bullshit that came out 1 minute after the buzzer.

20. Unimane

First of all, I don't do this every time we lose. Second of all, what do you think not being able to handle the environment mean, you half wit? Those were the words of Bone. It doesn't mean you just didn't hit shots or the other team executed better down the stretch. It means something mental. There was a player who admitted it and you want to sit here and pretend I don't understanding the English language. Hence, you're a [uck fay]ing idiot, as I mentioned previously.