Utter Nonsense From The National Media.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by hatvol96, Aug 29, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm all for people talking about Wright all they want in this election, so
    long as the Mormon church's history of racism, sexism, and anti-semitism are on the table. I can dance at any tempo. I don't care if the rules are Marquess of Queensbury or Last Man Standing. I just don't want to hear [itch bay]ing and whining after the rules of engagement are set.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Remember the reporting of Bush going AWOL that was backed by a document; later proven to be a forgery. Dan Rather never backed off.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think anyone would be on obama if Wrights church 200 years ago was racist. Now you could safetly argue the current mormon church is sexist and homophobic. As an aside, I give you big credit for being an individual and calling BS where you see it. My political views are somewhat similar to yours, but I'm much more partisan.

4. hatvol96

When do you think the Mormon church's ban on interracial marriage ended? Hint 1-Not 200 years ago. Hint 2-Mittens had long been a member in good standing.

5. hatvol96

How'd that turn out for Rather?

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

He's now on axs tv with lower ratings than an Astros vs. Padre game being aired in Miami.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I know it was fairly recent, but not that recent until I googled it. My personal opinion is that anything recent is fair game. Or at least fair game for the media. An individual can make whatever decision they want.

8. hatvol96

What? The liberal media overlords didn't protect and promote him? That's impossible.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I did, but to a degree my point still stands. What you think is negative may be appealing to others.

What do you propose to "fix" the issue? Gov't control? Fairness Doctrine? In a sense, this issue is the free market in practice. Is that not a staple of conservatism? If enough folks choose to not tune in costing money, things will change.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

News companies are in it for making money. That works for nbc or fox. That doesn't mean the underlying reporters don't have a bias.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

CBS only acted when left with little recourse, otherwise. In fact, they defended the story for some time, IIRC.

I'm not big on post-conviction confessions, personally.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not worried about fixing it. Got to hope people are smart enough to see through stuff.

You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone that didn't view an association with Bill Ayers as a negative.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  13. JayVols

Maybe, but there are some that do not. I find Mitt's association with the Mormon Church and it's stances equally damning if not moreso.

14. Tenacious D

Why should any religious affiliation, or none at all, matter?

15. JayVols

In fact, I'll go as far as saying that no Conservative Christian Protestant or Catholic that votes based on religious principles can vote for him in good conscious.

16. Tenacious D

So the litmus test for the conscience is your beliefs?

Preach it.

17. Tenacious D

And do we now all agree that the mainstream media is not only decidedly liberal, but as the Daily Caller perfectly exposed, have actively colluded to affect the reporting of news simply to advance their own personal political beliefs?

I didn't catch any of the normal liberals denying that report, and wonder if their silence is acceptance. So, I ask.

18. Tenacious D

The consumer did decide to reject the mainstream news several years ago, and emphatically.

I believe it's now called, "Fox News", and it has housed the rest almost since its inception.

19. JayVols

It's America. I have the right to choose what I think is important. As a general rule, I do not vote based off religion. In this case, the tenents of Mormonism are so repugnant to me and have had such a huge influence on his life, I think it's important. You may find that a double standard, but that's fine. If Romney were a Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Catholic, or any other religion Christian or not, I still would not vote for him. His policies are not in line with my beliefs in the political realm. See my post following the one you quoted. That's where I was going with that.

20. JayVols

No. See my above post.