Vandy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Nov 20, 2022.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He's had 15 years of practice. I'm not optimistic. Just want to see him one more time before I completely give up.

InVolNerable likes this.
  2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Just checked the stats again from last night and the crazy thing that I haven’t heard anyone else mention is that we literally did not convert a third down all night and won 56-0.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Injury updates?

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Coming from a guy who REALLY wanted Milton to be improved, he just doesn’t seem to have it. The issues last night looked the same as the issues early last year.

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Just imagine when this offense starts to REALLY get into a rhythm.

6. Tar Volon

He’s fine inside 20, he’s fine from 60+, and he’s hard to bring down.

He has no sense of when to scramble and no touch on reasonable deep balls.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t think they wanted Milton to scramble or run last night. We will see more qb called runs with him next year, specifically power and draws.
    Milton hadn’t started a game in 400 something days and was in wet and windy environment. He will have to hit those passes next year and will have months to work on footwork and touch.

VolDad likes this.
  8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think he just has way too much arm strength to have any touch once the bullets start firing and the adrenaline is up.

He sends it 65/70 yards effortlessly.

If football doesn’t work, he needs to win America the gold in the javelin

9. Tar Volon

I think he’ll be fine on called runs, he just doesn’t have a sense of when/where to scramble.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  10. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

He also needs to run through progresssions and checkdowns. He looked like a statue last night staring down his receiver. That will lead to multiple turnovers against real defenses.

Tar Volon likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He may throw a football through a defender

12. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

This is true. I was afraid he broke that freshman’s sternum late last night.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I thought he killed Squirrel on an out pass. He actually fell down and laid there for a moment

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I was thinking about Lennie from Of Mice and Men yesterday.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

edit: sorry I guess I put this in the wrong thread

Tar Volon likes this.
  16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Really impressed by how Heupel got the locker room under control and back on track. It's easy to let things fall apart after a loss like last week that late in the season. That is where his playing days at a major university really come in handy. He knows what it takes and looks like.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, but Alabama's two losses are to teams that beat Alabama. That has to count for something.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Now you're thinking. Your media credentials are in the mail.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Heupel tied for the 2nd best Year 2 record among UT coaches in the post-Neyland era.

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I agree. He's a really good athlete playing football instead of a really athletic football player.